Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CC - Completely unusable.. Text tool crash!

Jun 19, 2013 11:14 AM

How on earth did this get released when so many of us are having crash on startup issues.. InDesign CC is now 'parked' and we'bve gone back to CS6, along with other posts on here, the sofware just 'bombs' if you attmept at access the type tool... after all the fanfare i find this totally unbeliveable. I've tried all the font workarounds as suggested, but still no luck.. fingers crossed for a 'cloud' fix soon!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to PAPRIKADESIGN

It's probably a problem with one of your fonts as pointed out in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1234968?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to PAPRIKADESIGN

Sorry to hear that, Nigel!

From what we've observed, the cause might be related to fonts with special characters in the name.

Here's a list of fonts reported by our users. By no means this is a complete list and but it should provide a good point to start troubleshooting:

Typo3-Medium.ttf, Typo3Normal.ttf, batang.ttf, Savoye LET, Ithornët

Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working on providing a resolution soon. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 3:56 PM   in reply to PAPRIKADESIGN

I am having the same problem. Ugh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to PAPRIKADESIGN

I had the same problem all day yesterday, cost me a days work. In the end I uninstalled CC and gone back to CS6, everything works perfectly again. Didn't have much luck with Adobe online chat help either. If it aint broke, don't fix it! Adobe CC (Creative Crash).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to Andrew Convery

It must be a bug. Crashes on Mac intel OS 10.8.4 but does not crash when using text tool on OS 10.6.x. Samme fonts on both machines.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 2:08 PM   in reply to PAPRIKADESIGN

Agreed. I've seen the work around topics, and trying to isolate an individual font (or fonts) from the library of thousands that I have is a complete waste of time. These are "Productivity" tools. This wasn't an issue in the past, why is it an issue now, on one of the most basic tools in the suite? Text. My clients are waiting for work, its ridiculous.

ADOBE. Get. This. Fixed. (Please).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to KevinLCoster

They've acknowledged the problem. It's being worked on.

Be patient or go back to CS6 in the mean time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 2:35 PM   in reply to Bob Levine

Unfortunately, I deleted CS6 thinking CC was up to par. Do you know where I can redownload it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to KevinLCoster

Hi everyone,

If you are having issue with the Text tool, please try the plug-in posted in this thread: http://adobe.ly/11QAawV

KevinLCoster:

To download CS6 version through Creative Cloud, please follow the instruct here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-cr eative-applications.html

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 2:51 PM   in reply to amxyz

Thanks for the info, trying it out now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)