Skip navigation
blue_nose_pit
Currently Being Moderated

Printing to PDF after making edits - some users do not see the edits

Jun 19, 2013 12:31 PM

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.1.2. Here is the problem I am having. I have a PDF and part of the PDF has hand-written data. I am putting a text box on top of this hand-written data and replacing it with new data. I then re-print this document to PDF. When I look at the new PDF, it looks perfect. When I send this PDF to another user, they see the original hand-written data in the field that is suposed to have a new text box. The user I am sending this to is also using Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.1.2.

This problem does not happen all the time, but it does consistently happen. Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 3:43 PM   in reply to blue_nose_pit

The situation as you describe it is curious and seems inexplicable. The only way I could explain it is if you inadvertantly sent the PDF which you had edited directly, rather than the one which had been printed to PDF. This would be entirely explicable, as Acrobat has an option to decide whether annotations are to be printed.

You can try turning this option on and off yourself to see the effect on the files concerned.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to blue_nose_pit

IT is in the print dialog (or under Advanced from there)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points