Skip navigation
ssd274
Currently Being Moderated

Nik Collection does not work with Photoshop CC 64-bit but with 32-bit

Jun 19, 2013 1:47 PM

Tags: #error #64-bit #32 #64 #filter #collection #nik #64bit #32-bit #32bit #photoshop_cc #nik_collection #dfine

Hi,

though the Nik-Collection-Filters are listed (and installed) in PS CC 64, they do not work properly. The first visible difference is, that the "panel" of the various filters is not displayed when I start PS, but it is in the 32 bit version.

Even if I want to apply an Nik-Filter on an image nothing changes, but it does in 32 bit mode.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 2:09 PM   in reply to ssd274

Please contact Nik/Google for updates to their plugins.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 10:53 PM   in reply to ssd274

I had the same problem, and came across this posting from Nik/Google:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/3212033?hl=en

It seems to work in Photoshop CC (64-bit) after following those steps.  It's a bit tedious, but you only need to do it once thankfully.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to ssd274

Which platform are you using?  I'm on Windows 8, so if you're on Mac there may be something different.  Also, be sure you pointed the Nik installer(s) at the Plug-ins folder...I accidentally pointed directly at the Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit) folder directly the first time, and it didn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 12:54 AM   in reply to ssd274

Yep, that's the  fix ssd274. Thankyou

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 5:56 AM   in reply to celliottuk

I don't have a Photoshop CC 64bit folder, only the Photoshop CS6 64 bit folder, and the Nik Software is in that OK.

However when I try to use SilverEfex pro 2 on an image Photoshop CS6 64bit just hangs.

Any ideas please?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to Southcoasters

Hello, I found a Post. I tried this and it works perfectly, you don't have to re-install CC or install CS6   all you have to do is that you install the Nik Collection in Photoshop CC (32bit) (plug ins)   then you copy the "Google" File and that is the important one !!

into:

Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\ ...........

it works perfectly. 

Thanks to Mr. Peter Beckett from NIKONIANS.org

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=319&to pic_id=11486&mode=full

regards from AUSTRIA

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2014 1:26 PM   in reply to PS-MEDIEN

This issue drove me to distraction until today when I inadvertently found a solution. In my case, the Nik filters work in PS CC 64-bit only if the Photoshop layer is a smart object. If not, the filter opens, but any adjustments do not "stick" after hitting OK. I have no idea why this works; I'll leave that to the engineers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points