Skip navigation
annejordan44@gmail.com
Currently Being Moderated

why does the organizer no longer recognize my camera when I try to download?

Jun 19, 2013 2:11 PM

Why does Photoshop Elements Organizer no longer recognize my camera when I try to download?  Is there a new way to downolad?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to annejordan44@gmail.com

annejordan44@gmail.com wrote:

Why does Photoshop Elements Organizer no longer recognize my camera when I try to download?  Is there a new way to downolad?

not really unless you have a fairly new camera.  Was this camera recognized before?  If so, did you make any changes to your system in any way?  Virus attack perhaps.  Please provide further info.

You might need to update your product with new Camera raw files but let us know what exactly happened.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:02 PM   in reply to annejordan44@gmail.com

No I don't it has anything to do with Adobe Revel.  Do you get any error messages on the screen? 

I have read your original message and you say that your camera isn't recognized.  This could be that one of the drivers on your system is corrupted.  You could try inserting the disk that came with your camera and see if it can re-instate the drivers.  If you don't have the disk then perhaps searching for the drivers for your camera and operating system might produce some positive results.

Hope this gives you the idea to go about rectifying the situatiuon.  The camera is still working I presume.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to annejordan44@gmail.com

Detective" for $30.  Is this something worth investing in or should we be

able to solve this ourselves?   My brain hurts.

No it is not worth investing in this because it is a very expensive way of getting viruses. These detectives and those who say they can find the fault on your machine by installing their software are bunch of hackers.

If your camera is not recognized then it suggests that either your USB is faulty or the cable linking the two is faulty.

Can you connect anything else like a flash drive to your USB port that you are using for your camera and is it recognized?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 3:09 PM   in reply to annejordan44@gmail.com

What is the make and model of your Camera and what is your Operating System? 

If it is a windows System (the one I know about), does it say something like "a new device has been found, do you want to install drivers for it".  If it does say that then your camera is recognized except that the relevant drivers are missing or corrupted.

However, it is worth a try to search on the manufacturers website if they have latest driver to download.  PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY DRIVERS FROM ANYWHERE ELSE except from the manufacturers website.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to annejordan44@gmail.com

Try this link:

<http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/powersh ot_sd_series/powershot_sd1200_is#DriversAndSoftware>

Choose whether you want 64 bit or 32 bit driver depending on your version of Windows 7

they have got the software for 64 bit; Nothing else.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points