Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having this MAJOR issue with Premiere CC?

Jun 19, 2013 6:51 PM

Tags: #premiere #issues #multicam #cc

I just started using Premiere CC. The first feature I used was the multicam. I edited a multicam sequence, then closed Premiere. Later, I went back into Premiere and at a point about halfway through, some video files from one camera angle are completely out of sync. In fact, it appears as if they start at the beginning of the angle and play out form there.

I thought it was something I did, so idiot me, edits the whole thing again. Looks fine, plays back fine, but when I close and open it up again, same thing happens. This time, the point where the one angle goes out of sync changed, but again, it appears the angle starts over from the beginning.

So, I started doing some tests, and sure enough it seems like a major bug.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going back to CS6 in the meantime to avoid any more heartbreak, but just wondering what the heck is going on with this software.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 7:17 PM   in reply to genedipaula1

[Moved from Cloud forum to Premiere Pro forum]

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to genedipaula1

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to genedipaula1

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to genedipaula1

Based on my two days with Pr CC, it appears to me that the prefs get just as easily corrupted as they did in CS6 and previous.  Most erratic Pr behavior can be fixed by deleting them.

I'm not sold on the cloud for storing and retreiving prefs.  Syncing takes an inordinate amount of time.

I suggest you start with a clean slate (new project), set all your prefs the way you like them, locate the Pref file, and make a copy and store it someplace safe.  I  used to compress (archive) the prefs and keep that in the prefs folder, then uncompress it whenever I need to restore them.

On Mac, there's a great app called Preference Manager, but as of yesterday, it wasn't updated for Pr CC yet.  So, the paragraph above will work until it gets updated.

I'm a heavy Pr user; use it daily.  I make my living editing, and I often will have to restore my prefs several times a day.  The more the project is, the more likely they are to get corrupted.

I'm not saying this will solve your problem, but I suffer very little downtime because of my routines.  Restoring prefs is the first troubleshooting routine I run, and it solves my problems most of the time.  The second routine is to delete the Media Cache.  Third is to delete previews.  Fourth is to reinstall the app.  That was easier when I had a .dmg on my drive.  Using the cloud will undoubtedly make that drastic step more painful (slow).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to genedipaula1

Hi genedipaula1,

I'll see if I can get some attention to this problem. Please file a bug report if you are experiencing this issue: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Oh...crap...

me too. Just edited an entire 45 minute multicam with multiple cameras and audio sources. Noticed some odd things happening with the audio meters and disappearing audio waveforms and not to mention the fact that every now and then when you are scrolling on the timeline the entire Premiere Pro program starts to suddenly, slowly shift off screen. So...I closed down the project and reopened it. The meters and waveforms returned to normal but...oh...crap...this out-of-sync thing happened ^^^^

That's one pretty big bug Kevin. Reminds me of a certain multicam bug that nearly left me in anger management classes. This one just seems like a "wow, that's awful...guess this program isn't ready for primetime...or even general use at that"

Bummer.

Bug report about to be sent. Sigh. I can't really proceed with this project like this so I'll have to do it in CS6...but wait, can I even open it in CS6? Or do I have to start all over? Oh...crap.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 12:37 AM   in reply to DMH79

Oh, come on.  A major virtue of CC is rapid bug fixes.  Come Monday morning, you will be able to download a fix for this!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 12:42 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Alan Craven wrote:

Oh, come on.  A major virtue of CC is rapid bug fixes.  Come Monday morning, you will be able to download a fix for this!

Ha! Sweet! Can't wait!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to DMH79

You know he's being sarcastic, right?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

No, Jim, I have finally taken to heart all your glowing advanced tributes to the wonders of the Cloud!

Surely this gives Adobe a golden opportunity to demonstrate to old cynics like me, that they can deliver on their promises.  In fact I am so cynical, that I almost suspect they have deliberately set up one or two bugs, just so they can demonstrate their ability to provide a rapid cure.

Now I can't say fairer than that , can I?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:31 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

OK, I'm still not sure if you're being serious, so please forgive if I'm being obtuse.

Bug fixes were never a hold back with the perpetual license.  The virtue of CC is that new features can be delivered when they're ready, without waiting for a set delivery date.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

We did not get many bug fixes with CS6, though - nothing since last September.

I know about Sarbanes-Oxley - though I cannot see why internal US legislation should affect us in Europe, especially when US pricing does not.  And Adobe are one of many in the latter respect.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

My guess would be it's a practical mater.  It's not efficient to have two or more release schedules.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Would it be possible no to clog up bug / features / technical threads with disguised rants about pricing and / or creative cloud subscription model ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

Yes. As was I.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to DMH79

I'm having the same issue. Has the bug fix been released yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2013 10:09 AM   in reply to PixelshotWDC2

Yes. A fix was released a couple months ago. Update Premiere to 7.0.1

It fixes it going forward and for "some" it fixes what was broken on your current project.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points