Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere-Encore CS6 duration discrepancy

Jun 19, 2013 7:26 PM

Tags: #premiere #import #blu-ray #encore #cs6 #timeline

I've been struggling to complete a Blu-ray disc in Encore for several weeks now, following menu design issues and a complete re-install yesterday. Now after troubleshooting all of the issues to date I'm at a 90% completion stage, except for this last issue.

One of my primary m4v assets has a duration that is shorter than it's AC3 audio file. Initially I thought it was a sync issue but on examination in the Timeline the video is indeed shorter. And this is confirmed in the Project panel.

Video file duration = 01:20:04:01

Audio file duration = 01:20:07:02

This asset was exported from a Timeline sequence in Premiere Pro, the duration for which should be that of the audio file. (01:20:07:02)

I did a preliminary search for other users with a similar issue to no avail. Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated, at this point I haven't figured out what's caused the discrepancy in duration.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 7:56 PM   in reply to eallenderner

Are you exporting them from Premiere in the same export operation? i.e. using H.264 Bluray demuxed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 4:59 AM   in reply to eallenderner

There shouldn't be any difference in file length. But since there is, I would consider simply re-exporting. All I meant by muxed vs not is that sometimes, users decide to combine into one file (muxed) rather than creating the two (m4v and a3c or wav). Encore is more likely to have problems with the muxed file.

I assume you exported as demuxed (separate files). Did you later export only audio, or only video? (Which is still demuxed, but more likely to introduce oddities.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Export using the "H.264 Blu-ray" preset. This will provide two files, .m4v video and .wav audio. Import those into Encore, and Encore will create the Dolby from the .wav file (very quick encode). Looking for problems if you try alternate scenarios. Stick with what works.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to eallenderner

Use mediainfo or gspot to look at the length of each file. We need to rule out the Encore import at an issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:33 PM   in reply to eallenderner

This appears to be a common issue.  I was having subtitles syncing issues and another poster  here came with a whole long procedure to address the issue which involves comparing the run time in Encore vs the run time elsewhere (he was using MediaInfo, I just looked at it in Premiere) and adjusting the subtitles accordingly.   No idea as to the why, but the workaround works. That said, i've never noticed the issue except for with subtitles.  The audio matched.

And it is so awesome that this and Encores other buggy ness will never be fixed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points