Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with css-designer Panel

Jun 19, 2013 11:52 PM

Tags: #problem #mac #dreamweaver #css #cc

can't display CSS selectors/properties  - just gives me an empty grey area. When I click in this gray area, dreamweaver crashes.

Does anyone have similar problems and can help?
Thanks in advance!

(OS X 10. 7. 5. / macPro)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 12:59 AM   in reply to dogdog63

Hi

Please attach the crash log

hth

Veeresh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:18 AM   in reply to Veeresh Hiremath

Hi Veeresh

This problem was also noted in thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1234877?tstart=0

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to pziecina

I'm having the same problem as dogdog63. No matter what I do, nothing appears in the Properties section of CSS Designer. Its just a gray box. And sometimes NONE of the sections will appear in the entire CSS Designer panel.

Mac OSX 10.8.4

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 5:40 AM   in reply to Michael Trusa

Hi All

Internally  we are not able to recreate the issue , need more info on it

Please try the below steps and let me know

1. Try Changing workspace to Expanded

2. Try resizing the CSS Designer panel

3. Close Dw , Delete user configuration foler located at (Mac OS X: Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CC:<language>:Configuration)( caution: your keyboard shortcuts, workspaces  and snippts for DW CC  will be reset)

4. Relaunch DW

hth

Veeresh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to Veeresh Hiremath

I just tried the above steps and no luck. This problem happens on both my Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro, both running OSX 10.8.4.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to Veeresh Hiremath

I am experiencing the same problem, with the CSS Designer panel and the Properties panels only showing gray boxes. Nothing is selectable.

Tried Deleting user configuration folder in my Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CC folder. Relaunched Dreamweaver CC and the panels still will not display correctly.

Even tried uninstalling Dreamweaver CC and reinstalled the application. All other CC apps seem to be working fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to pcepp

Not just me then - I had been giving Adobe the benefit of the doubt as I'm running OSX 10.9.

To confirm, I have tried all of the above, and reinstalling, but still no joy.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to pcepp

I found a solution that worked for me.

I removed all the fonts that Adobe CC installed out of my Library:Fonts folder and just left in the Apple Basic fonts like Arial, Courier etc... Launched Dreamweaver CC and the CSS designer panel works. I have no idea exactly which font it is, or creating the conflict. All I know is that it works great now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 12:47 PM   in reply to dogdog63

I think I figured it out on the Mac. Be sure that Verdana is activated in Font Book. What tipped me off to this was a warning I was receiving when trying to open After Effects. It was saying that the program needed Verdana for the user interface to work. I thought that maybe Dreamweaver needed Verdana too. Sure enough! Hope this helps you guys.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:11 PM   in reply to Michael Trusa

This also solved my crashing problem, and the dialog box screen redraw problem I'd been having for two versions. Thanks so much, Michael! Now if Adobe can only get their act together to fix their apps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to Michael Trusa

After reading your post, I checked my font library in fontbook, I had two versions of Verdana installed. I deleted one of them, re-started my mac and the properties panel showed up and the css designer showed all my styles.

Thank you Michael.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points