Skip navigation
AndySacto
Currently Being Moderated

Not enough memory to add media files

Jun 19, 2013 11:15 PM

Bill

I use Elements 3.0, old but works.  I got a message never received before " There is not enough memory to add the media files."  Could this be because my new HD video camera files are so much larger?  But they were converted to SD prior to capture.  The mix of photos for a kindergarten DVD is only 30 minutes and includes a mix of video and stills.  I need to get to one hour and should still fit on the 4.7 gig DVD.  Do I need to convert and re-capture the video or can I change within the program...help!

Andy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 4:59 AM   in reply to AndySacto

Version 3.0 wasn't really equipped to work with HD video. Especially not AVCHD video. That didn't come until later.

Converting video is a tricky business. If you don't know what you're doing, you can end up making your files less rather than more compatible.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer? What do you mean that you "converted to SD prior to capture"? How exactly did you do this?

When you started your Premiere elements project, what settings did you select? You can see the project settings under the Edit menu. What are listed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 5:00 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

One other note: You say you have photos also in your video project.

Did you ensure that all of the photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size? Oversized photos are the chief cause of out of memory messages.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to AndySacto

Pictures that are "overly" large may cause video editing problems

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

-PrEl Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/973935

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)