Skip navigation
Hallie2013
Currently Being Moderated

Permissions?

Jun 20, 2013 12:16 AM

Tags: #problem #help #mac #editor #photoshop_elements_11

"Could not save because the file is locked or you do not have the necessary access privileges. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to unlock the file or change permissions on the file or enclosing folders."

I have tried this, but the folder Im trying to save to already says "you can read and write"... this is frustrating!  Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Hallie2013

More details. Version of OS X? Version of PSE? Where are you trying to save to? Not the iphoto library, I hope?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to Hallie2013

Is this a network drive, like a RAID? If so, PSE doesn't like those. If just a regular external, what happens if you save a file to the desktop and manually drag it to the folder in question?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 6:46 AM   in reply to Hallie2013

What formatting did you use on the verbatim drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to Hallie2013

Oh. Case sensitive may be the problem. Adobe products hate case-sensitive drives. Why did you choose that? Just curious.

You can try repairing permissions on the verbatim, but I strongly suspect the problem is choosing case-sensitive. Of all the non-standard options, that's the one that's the worst for use with adobe products.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to Hallie2013

Do you have some place to back everything up to? You'll have to erase to reformat.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points