Skip navigation
MarkOre
Currently Being Moderated

Very Poor Quality when burning to regular DVD

Jun 20, 2013 12:22 AM

Can somebody tell me why when i burn to regular dvd the quality looks like a vhs video which is out of focus ?  When i burn to blu ray its crystal clear !!  I dont expect great great quality but i would expect something that is watchable !!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 4:56 AM   in reply to MarkOre

This comes up so often, I wrote a FAQ on it.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937?tstart=0

DVD's have only about one-sixth the pixels of BluRay discs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to MarkOre

Well if you are working with Premiere Elements 10 or above and want high Blue ray Quality content on DVD discs, then you have got the option of AVCHD disks in Share->Disc->AVCHD.

But due to high bit rate, the amount of content that can be burnt on to AVCHD disks is much lesser than on to DVD disks.

You can change the bit rate and increase the amount of content that can be burnt(but that will once again start diminshing quality)

You will have to manage this quality-size tradeoff.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to MarkOre

MarkOre

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are you burning to DVD-VIDEO, photos or videos or both? What are the properties of what is going on that Timeline?

What are you setting as the project preset?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to Nash_John

Though it's important to note that AVCHD burned to a DVD will NOT play on a DVD player!

This is because, although it's on a DVD disc, it's not DVD video. It's high-definition BluRay video and needs to be played on a BluRay player.

So technically burning AVCHD to a DVD will NOT give you a higher quality DVD. It will give you a BluRay video on a DVD disc.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points