Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CC RAM Trouble

Jun 20, 2013 12:54 AM

Tags: #adobe #crash #audition #cc #ram_issue

Hey there people,

I am working on a project in the new Audition CC. It is a sound mix project for a film, so I have the video playing in the corner etc. So, here's the problem... I only get 10 minutes to work within the program before it tries to access all 24GB of RAM that I have. I opened Task Manager and watched it climb higher and higher until Audition itself crashed and I lost my progress. That was the first time. The second, third and fourth times I was able to save everything while I watched all the terror unfold in my task manager window. I must say I was looking forward to the 64 bit advantages, but this is just crazy. I really need to finish this project!!!

Any ideas?

NICK

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 7:51 AM   in reply to Mister Fish

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You are only able to edit for 10 minutes before a problem occurs?  Or when you start building after the 10 minute mark, then it starts to have problems? 

Can you send the sesx file as an attachment to audbugs@adobe.com?  No media, just the session file. I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce the problem. This is on Windows, correct?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to Mister Fish

I can second this issue, almost identically.  Audition CC starts OK and then just goes out of control, using all the RAM and bringing performance to an usuable.  I am working with huge projects (24 tracks of 48 Khz 24-bit files) with a lot of effects and processing, but I never had issues in CS6.

I notice this thread is over a month old, have you had any luck?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2013 4:44 AM   in reply to Mister Fish

Are these problems on PC or Mac systems? It doesn't seem to be a general bug as yours seem to be the only occurrences of this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 10:07 PM   in reply to Mister Fish

I am having same problem and did the same thing you did.  I have windows 7 64 bit 12 GB of RAM.  As the video and audio play the memory load rises and it eventually just crashes.  Must have something to do with the video aspect because it isn't an issue when only audio is involved.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,601 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2013 1:10 AM   in reply to Heidi9178

I can confirm that using Audition alone on W7 doesn't do alarming things with RAM at all - never has. So this is almost certainly either a joint use issue as suggested, or a problem with whatever's playing the video.

I've only tried playing video once like this, and it was fine. It wasn't a large file though, so not really a thorough test.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points