Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

En CS6 to Pr CC No Dynamic Link

Jun 20, 2013 7:23 AM

I just installed the Creative Cloud on my new PC and I noticed there is no Encore at all available there. The Adobe service person installed Encore CS6 for me and then I found out that the Dynamic Link to my Pr CC projects is not available. I asked the service person if there will be a En CC application that can use dynamic link to Pr CC but he does not know. Is this not ridiculous?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

Francis,  It should be there, under File, Adobe Dynamic Link - Import Premier...  then you just simply navigate to the correct file.  Mine's working on Mac OSX - what OS are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

Ok, different on my Mac as it works fine between Pr CC and En CS6.  Doesn't help you though.  Try going on to the download Pr page on the web (not through the CC app) and change to version Pr CS6.  That's how I got my En CS6 back when the CC installation lost it.  If that doesn't work as a last resort try uninstalling Pr CC, download the whole of Pr CS6 (through the website again) and use CS6 until Adobe sort it out!

Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:28 PM   in reply to asflintoft

asflint, see this discussion in the Encore forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1238010

Based on what has been described, we assume dynamic link is not working. Please report your results.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I will try this on my home computer tonight.  I have a Windows 8 PC with the CS6 & CC suites installed.

Francis & asflintoft, do you still have PPro CS6 installed?  Or did you uninstall it, just leaving Encore CS6 installed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 4:05 PM   in reply to joshweiland

This does not work for me.

I have a very simple PPro CS6 project file.  I opened it in PPro CC, which then converts it and saves it as a PPro CC project file with a different filename.

In Adobe Encore CS6, I go to File, Adobe Dynamic Link - Import Premiere Pro Sequence.  If I select the PPro CS6 file, it works like it should.

When I select the PPro CC file, it claims it's loading the file...but it hangs.

asflintoft, are you sure you were dynamically linking to a PPro CC file, and not a PPro CS6 file?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:04 PM   in reply to Francis Breen

Dynamic Link only works between the same version of the products.  CS6 Premiere<-->CS6 Encore

The Premiere Pro CC to Encore CS6 workflow has changed. Dave Helmly created a workflow video to help guide users through the process of creating discs from Premiere Pro CC using Encore CS6.

See this page:

http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2013/05/using-encore-cs6-with-prem ierepro-cc.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:19 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Dynamic Link only works between the same version of the products.

Have you personally tested what asflintof claims on OSX? I assume he was in error, but that's the point of asking.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:26 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I haven't personally tested it, but it's not supported and your mileage may vary. I just wanted to let you know that we don't expect that functionality to work, and save you some unnecessary head scratching and teeth grinding.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:45 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Understood.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:16 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

Hello everyone,

Somehow related to this issue.  I tried to drag and drop Premiere Pro CC file into Media Media Encore CC and I got the error message that Dyanmic Link was not available.

HP Mobile Worksateion / Windows 7 Professional 64 bits / 16 GB RAM / nVidia Quadro

Any advice?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:28 PM   in reply to avazquez

Media Media Encore CC

What is that? There is no Encore CC, only Encore CS6. And you cannot dynamic link from PR CC to  Encore CS6. One user reported that he did. We have no confirmation (and do not expect any).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:33 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Oh boy, my mistake.  It's Adobe Media Encoder CC and not Encore...

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 2:32 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

I will test it properly today - I've been off line because I've had other stuff to do not because I was ignoring you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 2:34 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

The file I was using was created from Prelude CC and then worked on in Pr CC and En CS6 was happy with it.  I shall create a new project directly in Pr CC and see if that works the same ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 2:50 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

Right tested it again.  It absolutley 100% works on a file I'd originated in Prelude CC and then worked on in Premier CC and After Effects CC and Encore CS6 saw it, loaded it and did what I wanted with it no problems. However, I just originated a file directly in Premier CC did minimal work on it and tried to load it into Encore CS6.  En saw it and was happy to attempt to load it but froze half way through the process.

Could somebody else please try the 1st method and see if it works for them.  In theory it shouldn't make any difference since the file is a Premier Pro project file saved by CC, but originating in Prelude seems to have made a difference!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

Ok.  I've just got a notification that there's an update to my EN CS6 but I guess I won't be installing it anytime soon because the version I've got processes the dynamic link.  Maybe it's a Mac/Windows thing or maybe I just got lucky and downloaded things at the right time.  I'll try on my MacBookPro and see what results I get there vis-a-vis post 16. Although my MBP installed CC at virtually the same time it seems to have a slightly different set-up bizarrely.  I'll post some screen shots here as that might help clear it up also.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 7:00 AM   in reply to asflintoft

Right I've tried lot of different things this afternoon to narrow it down.  What is working for me is rough cuts created in Pl CS6 (prior to CC release), then edited in Pr CC and then EnCS6 seems happy with the sequences. Also if these Pl CS6/Pr CC sequences have been through Ae (CS6 or CC) then En CS6 seems content.

What doesn't work are sequences created directly in Pr CC or Pl CC and then Pr CC.

So the break in the link seems to be Pl CS6.  I guess if you create your rough cuts there then that protocol takes precedence over any imposed by Pr CC - not sure why that would be, maybe it's an unintentional backwards compatibility "feature".

Incidently, as I was trying the "doesn't work" option again, the power went for my local area as I was trying to load it into En CS6 - I don't suppose that's related but it made me think ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

The Adobe technical service person told me that there is no dynamic link En CS6 to Pr CC and that is what I found when I tried to bring a Pr CC sequence into En CS6 (Windows 8).

No question this is not "supposed" to work. asflintoft says it is under certain conditions. Anyone out there who can test on Mac. Anyone want to test his description of the working method on PC?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan,

You'll love this one then.  On my MacBookPro the menu items for Adobe Dynamic Link are greyed out, on my iMac they are available.  Both have the same OS, both are running En CS6.0.1.013.  Screen shots: MacBookPro.jpg iMac.jpg ??? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to asflintoft

Do you have PR CS6 installed on the one that is not greyed out? And not installed on the other?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 12:06 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

The only thing I can think of is this:

Both were installed from CC at about the same time, but the MBP kept En CS6 whereas the iMac deleted it completley.  I then re-installed the Pr CS6 family via the website (not through the CC app).  Then opened up En and ran the update through the Help menu. Which seems to be what Chad (post 7) suggested as a work around.

I no longer have Pr CS6 on the iMac as I uninstalled it but kept En CS6. Maybe try installing Pl CS6 and see if you can get the same results as above (post 19), and maybe try the Pr CS6 install and uninstall.  It might just be that if En CS6 thinks it's part of a family the dynamic link stays as a legacy - so you might need to run En and establish the dynamic link with Pr CS6 before uninstalling Pr CS6 and trying it with En and Pr CC.

Does that make sense because I'm starting to lose track of what does and doesn't work.  I only posted because I was trying to work out why I had 2 identical but different installations, saw the original Q and thought "that's odd I'm sure it worked ok for me".  Still it has been interesting!

However! I now have an update to Pr CS6 Family on my CC app which won't install, I've tried several times but it just falls over before it completes.  That might be the price for having only part of the family installed.

And now my CC app says I have no apps installed under Home, but they're all still there under apps!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to Francis Breen

I agree with the original poster.  There should be a giant warning label when you download Premiere Pro CC that it doesn't play nice with Encore CS6 your entire authoring workflow is about to get disrupted with no fix in sight.  Premiere Pro CC has some awesome new features, but they really come at a price between this and the whole multicam debacle.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points