Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What's wrong with this Forum? Why does Adobe take so long to reply to posts?!

Jun 20, 2013 7:55 AM

Tags: #forum #responses #rate #posts #response #timely

What's wrong with this Forum? Why does Adobe take so long to reply to posts?!
This is actually "specific" to this Photoshop Forum.
I typically get responses back from other Adobe forum promptly.

Chime in.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to Rahzah

what? You said yourself this is a forum, not a live chat. Sorry, but this is loco. If you need direct help, contact support by phone or web chat. Peopel around here do this all on their own time and entirely voluntarily and since we all have our jobs, family and hobbies and need at least a bit of sleep from time to time, you simply cannot expect 24/7 imemdiate responses within minutes.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to Rahzah

You may feel this way, but the facts stick: This is a user to user forum and except for a handful of forums like the Download, Install & Setup or Creative Cloud forums that are actively monitored by Adobe staff, participation on otehr forums is entirely voluntary - including Adobe employees. Same answer I and Dave Merchant and the others already gave you: If you need imemdiate support, call them by phone or open a web chat.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,470 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 20, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to Rahzah

The Adobe engineering folks DO duck in here from time to time - and that's a BLESSING!  Please name any other big company where you get to interact with the engineers AT ALL.  I can't.  But I suspect the engineers actually have a lot oof real work to do, and their time here is necessarily limited.

Your comments are more along the line of "I pay a huge amount, for that I expect better support".  These are very valid comments.  But reality is different from what we may expect, and this forum is not the place to expect Adobe support participation AT ALL.  In fact, the technical support people at Adobe often direct users to come here (something I've always found amusing).

At the higher level, Adobe may simply not be spending enough on support for literally millions of users.  Is is greed or smart business to try to minimize support cost?  That's up for individuals to decide.

I suggest you write a snail-mail letter to the Adobe president if you're not getting the support you need.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Howdy folks,

For what it's worth, there are several of us who try, in addition to our regular work, to keep an eye on this and two other forums.  Quite simply, we care about the product and try to make sure we give our customers the very best experience we can.  Plus, what better way to hear about your pain-points in order to solve them.  But, as Mylenium and Noel both point out, the forums are offically a user-to-user experience.  If you need quick or official support, this is not the best place to get it.

As for your Arabic issue, Rahzah, I've answered in two different threads and would be happy to help resolve your problem.  Please choose one thread and stick with it though; keeping tabs of two is a pain.

Thanks,
    David

p.s. -- some of us actually check the forums on our OWN time as well, as I did a week ago during the launch while I was on vacation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to David Mohr

...and two other forums.

What? There is a third Adobe Photoshop Forum?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to charles badland

Well, there are probably more than three, but I only manage to keep tabs on this (official) one, GetSatisfaction/Photoshop.com, and the Facebook page.  I also get Tweets, but these are relayed to me from other people.  And, to be honest, I focus mainly on typography, fonts, metadata, keyboard shortcuts, and non-English users/problems/issues/workflows.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Jun 20, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to David Mohr

Thanks again, David for posting during your leave, I'll try to pay attention before bothering you, sorry again...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Hey, it's all good, Pierre-Etienne.  You caught me online and I wasn't busy.  No worries at all.

If there's ever a big deal going down, feel free to ping me though the alternate channel you know.  If I can, I'm happy to help (and if I'm camping/overseas, you just won't hear back from me!  8-).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points