Skip navigation
Loopzyoo
Currently Being Moderated

How do I reinstall an OEM version of Photoshop Elements 6?

Jun 25, 2013 9:26 AM

Tags: #photoshop_elements_6

I have recently upgrade my os to windows 7 and when i try to launch photoshop, i recieve a message informing me to delete and re-install the mentioned file. The issuse i have is that photoshop came pre-installed on my laptop so i dont have a hard copy to do so. I cant seem to find any re-download link anywhere so can someone point me in the right direction to reinstall it. Thank you in advance

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 9:15 AM   in reply to Loopzyoo

Do you have a license key? You could just download the free trial version and enter the key.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to fionakaycameron

That will not work with PSE 6. You can't just enter a serial number into the trial for versions prior to version 9.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to Loopzyoo

Sorry, but you have not understood me. No serial number forf PSE 6 can be entered into the trial to make it work like a purchased version.. You cannot use a serial number from PSE 6, any format of PSE 6, in any other version. Each new version number requires a new purchase. I was merely pointing out that while you can convert a trial of PSE 9, 10, or 11 into an activated version by entering a serial number for that version, you could not do that before PSE 9.

In other words, the trial for PSE 6 is a trial only and always. The trial for PSE 7 is  trial only and always, etc. You had to uninstall the trial and install the bought version in all versions of PSE prior to PSE 9.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 12:50 AM   in reply to Loopzyoo

You won’t find downloads for PSE6; the software is too old. Also you can’t just copy the program files. You need the original installation package with the file setup.exe

Did your computer supplier not provide a copy on disk? If not you may need to upgrade to PSE11. Adobe and Amazon have some good discounts at present, ahead of PSE12 which is usually launched in the autumn.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points