Skip navigation
Fanbird
Currently Being Moderated

?? about Sony blue-ray player

Jun 20, 2013 8:39 AM

I looked at the setup for my player and this is a selection; BD Hybrid Disc Playback Layer with the direction ....Set the playback layer when using a BD hybrid disc. with the choice to select BD or DVD/CD.  I am wanting create a slideshow of images in PRE11 no menu just a few transitions; how do I need to burn this ?  I have a new computer with a Blue-ray burner. I have already created a slideshow dvd and it plays in the blueray player but I want it to repeat playing. I appreciate any help.

Sony Blu_ray discDVDPlayer BDP-S470

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to Fanbird

1. Make sure your photos are no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size.

2. Start a project using the project settings Full AVCHD.

3. Place your photos on the project timeline.

4. Drag transitions between them.

5. Go to Publish & Share/Disc. When the pop-up asks you if you want to add a menu, say no.

6. On the Disc option panel, select BluRay and click the Burn button.

Set your disc player to repeat playback and you're done.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to Fanbird

Fanbird wrote:

I have already created a slideshow dvd and it plays in the blueray player but I want it to repeat playing. I appreciate any help.

I have three Blu-Ray players and have not found the option for repeat play on any.  (One is a Panasonic, one a Sony and one a Samsung)  Nor have I found any software, including PrE11 that will make it happen either.  You might check "ProShow" as it seems to be the most popular "professional" slide show production tool on the market.  Note that I wrote "have not found".  It may be hidden!

I think there may be special purpose players used in stores for sales displays, but I'm not sure. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to whsprague

Encore (bundled with Premiere Pro) will let you put an "end action" of going back to the beginning... but considering the cost, that is likely not an option for someone who already has Premiere Elements

I have NO idea if this will allow making a looping DVD, but it doesn't cost as much as PPro/Encore... and it is free to read the specifications

Encore alternative http://www.deskshare.com/dvd-authoring-burning-software.aspx

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Fanbird

Hi Vesta

I am working on a more detailed answer to your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc looping question. I have threads scattered about here and elsewhere. Several seeming to be success stories. I am just checking to make sure that they still work since it has been a while since I looked at them.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2518188

What is the duration of your Timeline and how many times did you want the Timeline content to loop in the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc playback?

There are 3rd party software that have been used successfully to take the Premiere Elements DVD burn to folder VIDEO_TS and add commands for the looping. But then you must find a 3rd party software for burning the VIDEO_TS edited for looping to a DVD disc. ImgBurn has been suggested, but I just want to make sure it does first hand. That pgcedit software and infoEdit.

pgcedit: http://www.wireshome.com/Geoff_Pell/Looping_%20DVD_using_PgcEdit.pdf

ifoEdit: http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=421

If you had a Windows Live Movie Maker/Windows DVD Maker workflow, looping would be available in Windows DVD Maker.

http://lehsys.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-loop-video-using-windows-liv e.html

But, I do not know if that is all that advisable with your present project goals and the video editing advantages of Premiere Elements. Did you say that you have Windows 7 or 8 64 bit? Windows 8 no longer comes with the Windows DVD Maker.

Definitely the easiest way out is through the player controls. I checked out your Sony BDP-5470.

http://store.sony.com/p/BDP-S470/en/p/BDPS470#specifications

Under Function, did you try

"Repeat (All/1 title): Yes (All/1 title/1 chapter/1 track". Not sure what that is all about, but worth a look at.

Did you call Sony sales to see if you could get the definitive answer on looping playback with your Sony player?

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:54 PM   in reply to Fanbird

Fanbird

Great news. I finally got that IfoEdit to work for looping my DVD-VIDEO on DVD disk. It resisted for a while, but I found the recipe again.

The video is looping away on my TV as I type. I want to give it one more try with another DVD and hopefully I will give you the blow by blow (aka step by step) account so that you can run right threw it without glitches.

After you edit the VIDEO_TS Folder's IFO files, you will need the free program ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS to the DVD disc.

The link for the ImgBurn program is

Same link as the one below. Download link is toward top of page that open from the link below.

The instructions for VIDEO_TS (with edited IFO files) to DVD disc is

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to Fanbird

Fanbird

I have now road tested looping DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc using the Premiere Elements VIDEO_TS Folder from its burn to folder or the VIDEO_TS Folder ripped from its burn to disc DVD. Basically the VTS_01_0.IFO file in the VIDEO_TS Folder is edited in free 3rd party software such as IfoEdit or PgcEdit and then that VIDEO_TS Folder containing the edited .IFO is burn to a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.using the free 3rd party software such as ImgBurn software.

I have all the details with graphics for the how tos for both IfoEdit and PgcEdit. Because of the amount of figures figures and the length of the write up, I have decided to post to my blog and post the link to my blog in your thread.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe-looping-dvd-video-on-dvd-dis c.html

It would be great if you have a player with a repeat function, but, if not, the how tos should prove helpful. Do not worry about menus, since looping bypasses them. And, what is written is for Windows Only. Works with Windows 7 64 bit. And, I will be posting on the Windows 8 64 bit counterpart within the next 24 hours.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to Fanbird

Fanbird

Congratulations on your 50th Wedding Anniversary. What a great joy to celebrate the occasion with friends and family and your church. Wishing you, your husband, and family many blessing always.

You mentioned Windows 7 or 8 64 bit. I have both. And, yes, Windows 7 64 bit comes with the Windows DVD Maker; whereas, Windows 8 64 bit does not. I am not sure what you meant by that comment in the context of the PgcEdit and IfoEdit procedures with ImgBurn that I described for looping Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO. Windows DVD Maker did not enter into any of that.

A repeat option for that Sony would be nice. Is there anyway to contact Sony again to see if you might get a rep who has had experience in that matter. Not so long ago, I got the Windows 8 64 bit laptop. You would not believe what I went through to find out if the laptop came with built-in-Bluetooth. One rep said yes, And the laptop specifications indicated yes, but I sure could not find it. After much searching and not finding it, I called again. This time I got a rep with more knowledge on the topic, and he went so far as to point me to updated company documentation that flatly said that I did not have built-in Bluetooth for that laptop in spite of the other rep and the laptop's specifications saying I did. It was not the answer that I would have preferred but it ended the search for something that I was never going to find. But I have other options so that is not a pressing issue at the moment.

It sounds like you are making great progress with your photography and videography and the associated technology. Keep up the great work.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to Fanbird

Fanbird,

As far as I have understood, unless the Edit is still showing at the bottom of your submitted post, you need to get a moderator to make changes in the post.

Using the Adobe private message system, you can contact Steve Grisetti who is the moderator here and request the change. But, he may see your note about editing an old post and respond in this thread.

Progress sounding good.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 9:15 AM   in reply to Fanbird

I also want to order some BD disk. I will order the rewriteable.

I would get both some BD-RE discs, and some regular BD discs. I use DVD-RW and BD-RE to test my Projects, but do not deliver on a rewritable disc, as some players can have issues playing those. Instead, I use them ONLY for my tests, as my players can all handle the rewritables, as can my computers BD multi-drives.

Also, if you will send me a PM, just click on my Profile, and at the far-right, choose Send Private Message, and tell me which Reply you would like edited, plus exactly what needs to be changed, I will gladly make those edits for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points