Skip navigation
eclgfx
Currently Being Moderated

Print code in Dreamweaver CC?

Jun 20, 2013 11:10 AM

Hi, I can't seem to find the print code command in the new Dreamweaver CC.  Has it been moved/removed?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to eclgfx

Hi eclgfx,

I did not find it in the doc on deprecated features http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/the-new-modernized-dreamweave r-cc.html

Am asking around.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Thank you, Nancy. I missed it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to eclgfx

What happens when hit Ctrl+P in code view?

Nancy O

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to eclgfx

Are they going to address this? Why would you depricate the ability to print? Especially because if you try to cut and paste else where you loose your color coding... This is a huge burden for my team and I! What idoit decided to do that?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to justinmfortuna

Honestly, I have never, ever printed code out of DW.  And I've been using it for a very long time.    Maybe that's why Adobe removed it.   That said, you could copy & paste & print code from almost any plain text editor.  Have a look at  Notepad++, NoteTab, or BBEdit.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 5:48 PM   in reply to eclgfx

We print a decent amount for group use with my team to share progress easily on portions we are all working on seperately at our weekly meetings.... But for the classes I teach I print out everything so I can put it in hand outs and in power point.  Copy and pasting into an editor is a pain in the butt... and like I said before... if you copy and paste you loose the color coding, which is a huge disadvantage for my class.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to eclgfx

Surely keeping this feature didn't save them much money, as it was already working fine.  Why would Adobe lose functionality.  I use print code, particularly when I'm stuck and need to walk away from the machine to think things through.  Please Adobe, return basic functionality (print!?!) to our tool.  Likewise, please return dynamic data directly to the product.  These tools are why I use DW instead of competing editors.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to eclgfx

I had to start using a third party program for FTP transfers (especially with large files ~600Mb plus) because Dreamweaver's functionality is subpar. I've just found out that I should use a third party program for creating PNG files instead of the Save for Web functionality of Photoshop. Now, I have to use a third party program in order to do something as simple as print a page of code? Isn't the whole point of a 'suite' of software to help prevent you from using a lot of different third party apps?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Preran

So let me get this straight---- I now have to use a third party text editer to use this program that has been "up Graded".

I really don't care if another programer didn't use the print command, I do.

Next we all get to have one falvor of ice cream, two scoops if you are lactose intolerant... that will fix things.

Next big advance in the upgrade ... return to CS 6.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2013 3:01 AM   in reply to Peter_etal

I'm with you all the way, Peter. I often print out the code. I find it really useful.

I don't want to copy, paste and print from a text editor like BBEdit.

It's a real pain. Aaarrgghhh!!!!!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to eclgfx

I tell ya, to find out we can't do something fundamental as PRINTING CODE...seriously, whos effing grand idea was this? Check Spelling survives but Print Code is removed?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 9:59 PM   in reply to eclgfx

I too am shocked that the ability to print code was removed!

I have to use DW from CS5.5 to print from my desktop.  I had deleted it from my laptop when I decided to pay for CC but when I realized printing was gone, I kept the old verson on my desktop computer.

I was always annoyed that the old print function was not able to set margins.

I was expecting the print function to get better not go away!!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 4:00 AM   in reply to DK_Services

They did the same a few years back on a version upgrade.

But subsequently reinstalled the print code option.

I'm hoping they'll do so again as I can't see any reason for removing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 6:48 AM   in reply to drstir

Make sure to put in a request that it be added back here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 6:55 AM   in reply to Jon Fritz II

@Jon Fritz II

Excellent suggestion. I've posted my request as well. I think we need to make sure we follow the correct channels, but I also like that we can make people aware of the issue on the forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2013 10:20 PM   in reply to JoomNinja

What on earth have they done with the print code feature. I have had to go back to CS6 to work. Grr how silly

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to Jon Fritz II

I reqeusted this feature be re-added. It's ludicrous that they removed it IMO.

I frequently print out code from one file to use as a model for an altered version of code. Much easier to mark things up on paper.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to eclgfx

They are making it easier and easier for me to switch to a different IDE. Every time I try to do something that I have done for years as an editor I found they have removed it or changed it so it does not function the same.

This is total BS, and a waste of my valuable time to have to look for answers to what should be a no brainer.

Adobe, you're really starting to piss me off.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to cyjobes79

I can't believe it.
    Just wanted to print out the code (with coloured elements of course!) just to take it with me and lay some papers next to each other - it's gone.
    Sorry guys - a code editor that is not able to print code?
    I'm not that kind of nerd that must have anything on a display! Is there a plugin?
    Okay - just to not beat around the bush: Download the latest free Notepad++ and print your code.
    Hope I could help. I just could help me. :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 11:58 PM   in reply to d4ani3L

It is hard to believe they have not been able to add the ability to print.  Print functions are pretty common so this really should not be that hard to fix this bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to eclgfx

For what it is worth, you cannot print code in other applications such a Flash, nor even CodeView!  I think Adobe needs to add the ability to print code in all of their "coding" applications.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 8:52 PM   in reply to rickjerz

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all the requests that came our way for Print Code.

We have taken note of all these requests and have brought it back in DW .

Please look forward for the next update on DW , you should be able to find FIle > Print Code !!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 11:30 PM   in reply to vharis

That's great!  I also like printing code to work on things line osCommerce and Zen Cart to customize.  Printing code helps keep the files organized and to document how to make changes.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to DK_Services

Hi

Just to let everyone know that this issue has now been fixed in the Dw CC 3.2 update.

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to vharis

You might not be responsible for the other Adobe products, but are you able to encourage the Flash and EdgeCode groups to also add the abilty to print code?  It would be great if all of the Adobe developers would add this very important feature.

Thanks for your help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points