Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do you retouch a 100 year old photo in å curved glass?

Jun 20, 2013 12:08 PM

Tags: #cs6

How do you retouch a 100 year old photo in å curved glass?

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to Al-R

    Curved like a cylinder, or like a watch crystal, or something else? Can it be removed from the glass, or is it on the glass itself?

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 5:17 AM   in reply to Al-R

    So the photo itself is curved? Being so old, it would be hard to scan it without cracking the enulsion. You could try photographing it, and using the Spherize filter, or possibly a displacement map, to correct the curvature.


    It woud be a good idea to use a long lens, and shoot from some distance away, to get the perspective of the shot as flat as possible.

    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points