Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

3 arrows making the letter G

Jun 20, 2013 5:15 PM

This must be a dumb question but i can't get it done.

I want to make the letter G with 3 arrows. Later give it 3d effect

I somehow can't get it done with the pen tool. I know many of you would make this in a few seconds. How would you go about doing it ??.

I have tried making 3 arrows but they all look weird.

Thanks in advance for your guidance

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,942 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 20, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to ggameon

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve, but are you using the Grid to help with your placement?  Or you can draw an arrow as an Object from the Shapes drop down, and use the Direct selection tool to edit the shape.  Does that make sense?  If you could upload a picture it might help, even if you draw it free hand on a scrap of paper and scan it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2013 7:35 PM   in reply to ggameon

2 methods, both best to use Illustrator:

- Use type tool to make a letter G, convert to outline, cut into pieces in arrow shapes

- Put letter G on one layer. On new layer above, draw with pen tool following G shape except to make into 3 parts as needed.

Save as a vector output with fill and stroke as needed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,942 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 29, 2013 9:21 PM   in reply to ggameon

Hey, that's OK.   Do you know you can convert Type into a Shape from the Type menu?  If you made two copies of the G Type layer, and went Menu > Convert to Shape.  The with the Path selection tool (the black arrow) draw a box around the unwanted points and delete them.  You obviously know you can use the Direct selection tool to manipulate individual points on the path.

Even if you end up with a raster logo, it would have a very clean outline, and you could convert it back into a Shape from the Paths panel. But you shouldn't need to rasterize.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points