Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I stop Flash assets being transcoded?

Jun 21, 2013 8:17 AM

Tags: #flash_pdate #encore_cs6 #encore_library_assets

Now that there's no DL between Premiere CC and Encore CS6 how do I get Flash assets into Encore without them being retranscoded?

I can get Encore to not transcode DVD and Blu-ray assets that I've created and exported from Premiere, but not Flash ones.

Obviously I don't want to recompress a compressed F4V file.

If there's no way of telling Encore not to transcode it, what's the best format for exporting 1280 x 720 assets from Premiere CC that originated in a 1920x1080i sequence?

Thanks!

Mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

Dynamic Link isn't relevant here, anything that get's authored to a DVD or Blu-ray has to be in a compatible format, and F4V just isn't on that list.

Coming out of Premiere Pro, use the appropriate DVD or Blu-ray presets.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

The Encore to Flash export is what you must be talking about. It does not export a swf, except as it is a small player file. It exports an f4v or flv. Look at the settings and see if it will use your file. I've neve tried that. It does not transcode before the flash export build.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 7:11 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

I think the answer is going to be to bring in a high quality lightly or uncompressed asset and let Encore do its own encoding.

Yes, that is the best way.

I'm intrigued, really just curiosity, as to whether Encore would leave a complete match for its flv/f4v export untouched. You migth examine the flv/f4v file exported by encore and try to match that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2013 1:53 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

I like your workaround! Unlike a file on DVD (vob's have other stuff in them) or prior to Encore building the vob's, the flv/f4v file in the final Encore to flash, is a final file. All the swf player is looking for is a filename, and it must, of course, match the player parameters - pixel size etc. Most (all?) other stuff such as chapter's etc, are in other files, I think.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points