Skip navigation
eosom
Currently Being Moderated

Cmd + z

Jun 21, 2013 8:33 AM

Tags: #shortcut #cmd+z #cmd-z

Drücke ich cmd+z  um den letzten Schritt rückgängig zu machen, erhalte ich ein anderes Layout. DER LETZTE SCHRITT KANN NICHT RÜCKGÄNGIG GEMACHT WERDEN.

iMac 27", Bridge CS6. Fehler besteht von Anfang an (seit etwa 1,5 Jahren).

Aktuell Software update: Problem noch immer, Löschen der Prefs hat auch nichts gebracht.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 21, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to eosom

Aktuell Software update: Problem noch immer, Löschen der Prefs hat auch nichts gebracht.

Not sure what you mean with different layout. This would mean same workspace but different looks or different workspace ?

Not all commands can be undone with cmd+Z but it should work.

There is another option to also delete the Bridge plist file from user library but can you specify your OSX version first?

And there is a small possibility it might also due to your keyboard settings in the OS system preferences.

btw, no problem with reading German, writing is a bit more difficult (slow) so hope you can read English

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 24, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to eosom

But whenever i work with the IPTC fields (Date, Adress, Caption, Camera, place and so on) i can not "undo" what I wrote.

Thanks for clarifying, Sadly enough Renaming and adding metadata can't be undone. I don't know if this is a design flaw or if it is because the info get's saved to the file immediately but fact is, some actions in Bridge are capable of undo, and some don't.

I don't understand why command + Z changes your content panel view ('inhalt' is the content panel in English). Maybe try to reset the workspace using the triangle next to the workspace names.

It also might be a preference issue, so resetting the prefs (restart Bridge holding down option -alt- key and choose reset preferences) might help. The all you custom settings have returned to factory default and you have to reset them again (workspaces stay as they are if you have saved them, background color needs to be reset.)

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 24, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to eosom

Thanks, but the reset of the prevs I had tried before and reset of the Workspace also didn't help.

There are still a few other options available, the Bridge plist file amongst them and the last workspace file, although I have to admit it is strange to happen on both versions.

If you want try this:

Quit Bridge and go to your user library (by default hidden per OSX 10.7, in Finder use menu Go and press option to reveal it in this drop down menu)

The path is User (your user name)/ library/ Application Support / Adobe/ Bridge CS6 / Workspaces. Inhere find and delete the file called: !!LastMenu.workspace

Then try again.

If still no luck quit Bridge again and use the same library but now look in the preference folder. For Bridge CS6 there is a file called: com.adobe.bridge5.plist

Delete this file and restart Bridge again holding option and choose reset prefs.

If this also does not work it might be user account related. For this you have to create a new user account, just for testing, log in with this account and try again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points