Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Application Manager Failed to install.

Jun 21, 2013 8:50 AM

Down Loading Cloud to desk top for the first time.

Error Message: Adobe Application Manager Failed to install.

What do I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

Pretty sure I had the same problem (Error code A12E1)

As I recall I cleared the browser cache and just waited a little while and tried again and it worked just fine

YMMV

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

I'm going to write this information cause it was so darn frustrating and after two days I finally got it - so here goes - resolution:

I'm running windows 7, and was trying to download cloud which apparently I was forced to do based on my subscription base (was on CS6 before that)

Step 1: start task manager and close ALL adobe running apps including akami session

Step 2: click on the windows icon and type in search bar %appdata%, enter

Step 3: in browser bar above of folder, click on "appdata" (my file directory when i typed step two was C:\Users\study\AppData\Roaming, and I need to be be at C:\Users\study\AppData)

Step 4: Click Local, then Adobe, then oobe, delete the oobe file

Step 5: Go the the following to download the "cleaner tool": http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativecloud/cleanertool/win/Adobe _Creative_Cloud_Cleaner_Tool.zip

Step 6: Unzip the file and click on the AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool.exe, that was in my directory as follows (dependent on where you download and unzip of course) C:\Users\study\Downloads\adobe_creative_suite_cleaner_tool (1)\win

Step 7: select (e) in the black box for "english", select (y) for yes, select creative cloud (whichever option # that is) and again anything with creative cloud (this did NOT delete my other adobe files, which I feared may - but I was simply instructing it to clean/delete the creative cloud.

Step 8: close the black window

Step 9: Click here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773  and download the creative cloud adobe application manager

Step 10: Run the application

Step 11: Log in and download the software you want

If that doesn't work, what I did is between steps 4 and 5 I restarted my computer, then I went into task manager and closed all adobe apps.  I'm not sure I had to do this step but I was desperate after 2 days doing whatever.  Each tech person gave me different information.  The last person helped me best, but I spoke with her via chat AFTER I had rebooted the computer.  If you need support click http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and I personally did the "chat" so I wouldn't have to wait.

Hope this helps anyone who hasn't figured it out! 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points