Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CompilationFailedException consuming web services on CF10

Jun 21, 2013 9:44 AM

Tags: #error #cf10 #web_services #coldfusion_10 #jdk

I am trying to consume webservices on my CF 10 environment.  I keep getting a CompilationFailedException error looking for java/utils.  I have uninstalled CF, uninstalled the jdk, used the bundled jdk, reinstalled jdk 17.0_25 but to no avail.  I tried replacing C:\coldfusion10\cfusion\lib\tools.jar with the same file in the latest JDK as recommended on this forum on earlier releases encountering this error.

I have pasted the text from coldfusion-out.log but changed the name of the server with the wsdl.

Any direction is very appreciated.

Thanks

Jun 21, 2013 11:29:09 AM Information [ajp-bio-8012-exec-1] - Starting Web service request.

Jun 21, 2013 11:29:09 AM Information [ajp-bio-8012-exec-1] - Creating Web service proxy {url='https://serverdomain/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v2?wsdl'}

Jun 21, 2013 11:29:15 AM Information [ajp-bio-8012-exec-1] - Using Axis 1 for consuming the service https://serverdomain/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v2?wsdl.

Jun 21, 2013 11:29:16 AM Information [ajp-bio-8012-exec-1] - logAdmin Error: Application|coldfusion.jsp.CompilationFailedException: Errors reported by Java compiler:  Found 2 system errors:  *** Error: Could not find package ""java/util"" in:                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\classes                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\cf-bootstrap-for-flex.jar                  C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\cfmx_bootstrap.jar                  C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\cfx.jar                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils-1.8.0.j ar                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections-2.1.j ar                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\cryptojce.jar                  C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\cryptojcommon.jar                  C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\jcm.jar                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\jcmFIPS.jar                  C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\js.jar                 C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib\portlet-proxy.jar                  C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion....|

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to JeffHorne2

It remains unclear why you chose to use the external JDK/JVM. Since you are in a position to reinstall, I would suggest that you do so. After that, let ColdFusion use its own built-in JVM.

However, let's assume you wish to use the external JDK. You mentioned copying the file, tools.jar, from the external JDK to ColdFusion's lib directory. However, it is unclear whether you had reconfigured ColdFusion beforehand to use the external JDK. You can either do that in the ColdFusion Administrator or, equivalently, by modifying the java.home option in the jvm.config file to something like

java.home=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.7.0_25\\jre

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 9:14 PM   in reply to JeffHorne2

Your JVM configuration file looks fine. The error message might be quite literal. If so, then it is telling you that compilation of a source file, very likely one of yours, failed. It tells you more. The source may be referring to "java/util" as a package, rather than to "java.util".

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to JeffHorne2

Then, my, does that error message really suck. I saw an old fix for this on the web, that says you should add the lib directory to the classpath, for example, like this:

application.home=C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion

java.class.path={application.home}/lib,{application.home}/lib/oosdk/li b,{application.home}/lib/oosdk/classes

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 11:59 AM   in reply to JeffHorne2

Perhaps incompatibility issues between Axis 1 and Axis 2 web services? What happens when you put the following at the beginning of your Application.cfc, testing them in turn:

<cfset this.wssettings.version.consume = "2">

<!--- <cfset this.wssettings.version.consume = "1"> --->

To answer your question, I consume web services successfully. My version is 10.0.10.284825.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 3:05 AM   in reply to JeffHorne2

There is something not quite right happening on your development server. Could you follow a clean procedure right from the start?

By this I mean, install ColdFusion, letting it use the JVM that ships with it. No keystore, no extra Java, just ColdFusion 10. Then open the ColdFusion Administrator and apply the updates.

Next, do a test. Set up a basic CFC containing one function that returns the string "Hello World". Then use that as the basis for consuming a web service locally.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points