Skip navigation
hiyaya17
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to print FrameMaker 9 file to PDF with Acrobat Data

Jun 21, 2013 10:09 AM

Tags: #pdf #framemaker #print #disabled #pdf_setup #generate_acrobat_data

I'm trying to print a FrameMaker 9 file to PDF, but the "Generate Acrobat Data" field and the PDF Setup button are both disabled - meaning I cannot select or unselect either. How can I get these re-enabled?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to hiyaya17

Do you have the full version of Acrobat Distiller or just the headless one that comes with FM? Do you have the Adobe PDF printer instance set as your default printer within FM? Can you create PDFs outside of FM? Can you Save As PDF?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to hiyaya17

Okay…is it happening with any FM doc you’ve got or just one? Is your FM9 all patched up? I think p255 was the top level in FM9.

Maybe show us a screenshot of what’s happening (use the camera icon in the web interface).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to hiyaya17

This is exactly what happens when FM detects a non-postscript printer as the output device.

Check the printer setup being used in FM. Even if it says "Adobe PDF" in FM use the Printer Properties panel to be certain that it is actually using the Adobe PDF Converter driver.

AdobePDF_driver.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to hiyaya17

It's possible that the driver has been corrupted.

When you installed FM9, did you also install the PDF creation tool at that time? If so, and you installed the full Acrobat X package later on, it would have overwritten the components that FM used with the default version it was packaged with.

First try the p255 patch. Then in Acrobat, try the Help > Repair Acrobat Installation option.

Do any of the available FM print options change if you check the "Print to file" option?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points