Skip navigation
Jesse di Franco
Currently Being Moderated

Application Bar

Jun 21, 2013 4:15 PM

Hi there.

Anyone know of a way to make the Application Bar stop appearing? Every time I launch Dreamweaver CC (Mac), it reappears, despite being unchecked on Quit, and not part of the saved workspace.

Tiny issue, I know!

Thanks for any input.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to Jesse di Franco

I have the exact same issue and it's driving me insane.  I could remove it in CS6 (Creative Cloud) before the "update" and now it's horrible.  Furthermore when I manually uncheck the box, move the window up to the top of the screen, and resize I continuously get a gap below the code window the same height as the application bar - again this is after a resize to fit the FULL SCREEN.

System Specs -

- Late 2012 MacBook Pro

- OSX 10.8.4

- 2.9GHZ Intel Core i7/ Ivy Bridge

- 8GB RAM

- 650GB HDD/ 498GB Free

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Josh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 6:12 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

I am getting the same issue at my end. Forwarding this to Engineering team. Lets see what they suggest.

Thanks

Bhawna

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 5:25 AM   in reply to bgupta16

Excellent!  Hopefully a code push will fix this within the next couple weeks.

Thank you!

-Josh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to bgupta16

Have you heard anything yet?  Are they working on it?  Is it a logged bug now?  It's really quite annoying to keep needing to remove the application bar.

-Josh

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

I haven't heard anything so far. Will follow up today.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to Preran

UPDATE: The product team is looking into this issue and if it is a bug, it will be resolved in the next update. Watch this space.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

The product team has confirmed that this is a bug and they are looking at fixing it in the next update.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Jesse di Franco

This is STILL an issue in Dreamweaver CC.

Why can't you guys seem to fix this simple problem.

It's EXTREMELY annoying!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 9:47 AM   in reply to easypro777

Hi easypro777,

Sorry if I wasn't sufficiently clear -- we have noted this bug in DW CC and are looking to resolve it in the next update.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to Jesse di Franco

Perian - thanks for the quick response. Sorry, the original post was for CS6. I remember having the issue long ago, but eventually it was fixed in CS6 because it's no longer an issue for me. But in CC it's happening again so I wanted to make you aware that the problem has "resurfaced" in CC. Also, there are other "preferences" that are not being saved (at least in the Mac version) such as "Enable Related Files". I uncheck it, but upon restarting Dreamweaver, it is still checked and I keep getting the "Dynamically-related files" warnings across the top. I was able to stop the warnings by changing "Discover Dynamically-Related Files" to Disabled, but the check box status is not being saved when unchecked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 6:36 AM   in reply to easypro777

Hi easypro777,

Ensure that all of your settings in the Preferences dialog box are according to your requirements. If you get a Sync Settings dialog box when you open Dreamweaver on the same or different computer, select Sync Local.

We have a document for Welcome screen http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/disable-welcome-screen-dreamweav er-cc.html, and I am guessing that this holds good for other preferences as well.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to Preran

Would love an ETA on this. It's also been annoying me since I switched from CS6 to CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 12:06 PM   in reply to artform.ca

So how do I go about getting a refund for the last two months of Creative Cloud from Adobe, because I have a fairly useless application that has severly hindered my workflow.  Luckily there is Coda2 to fall back on.  Two weeks to fix a bug is ridiculous when IT WAS FIXED IN THE CS6 VERSION!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

This is still bothering me. I came to this forum 2 weeks ago and am back. Even creating a hotkey to hide the application bar would be great so I don't have to click through everytime I load up DW. Ideally, this should have been fixed already. Why does DW insist I need the application bar?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Preran

Anything yet?  It's now been three weeks and other bugs that were fixed in the CS6 version are cropping back up in CC.

When can we expect an update?  We need an actual date... Not "Soon".

We're all paying customers here...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 8:47 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

Hi the_deucell,

Annoucement around release dates have to come from the management.  The annoucement on the udpate will be made on the forum and the Dreamweaver blog as soon as soon as it is available. The team, I am sure, is as eager to release the next update and will do that after their targets for the update have been satisfactorily met.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to Preran

It's now been 31 day since this issue appeared.  I've also been bille twice in this time period.  I'm holding up my end of the agreement (paying on time), but adobe is not holding their end - providing a usable service to it's customers.  Since swtiching to 'CC' from 'CS6' I notice the updates are much less and fewer and far between.  Get management involved if speculation on release dates have to come from them.  Let them know for once this is a month old issue that is still unresolved.

Ridiculous.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

Thanks for your patience. We have fixed this issue & confirming this would be made available in upcoming update.

Thanks,

Shambu

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to Shambu Nashi

And the expected release date of that particular update is?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to Shambu Nashi

An update was released today and I can confirm this issue still exists and has not been fixed.  Is there a timeline or a different tier of support that can address this a little bit more efficiently becuase this is issue is still ongoing and the support staff operating this forum has a major disconnect with the coders.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 12:12 PM   in reply to Preran

An update was released today and I can confirm this issue still exists and has not been fixed.  Is there a timeline or a different tier of support that can address this a little bit more efficiently becuase this is issue is still ongoing and the support staff operating this forum has a major disconnect with the coders.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to the_deuceII

Hi the_deucell,

We haven't released any update for Dreamweaver CC recently. The Adobe Extension Manager had an update as far as I know.

Can you let us know the build number using Help > About Dreamweaver so that we can check at our end?

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to Preran

I'm on build 6391 and have been for some time. No updates released yet to fix it for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to artform.ca

*bump*

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 4:01 PM   in reply to artform.ca

Hi artform.ca

Yes, the update is on its way. As I stated earlier, wait for an announcement from the higher management.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 5:56 AM   in reply to Preran

**BUMP** again...  It's now been two months and NO UPDATE.  THIS IS SUCH A JOKE!!!!

WHO DO I TALK TO TO GET A REFUND?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to the_deuceII

Hi the_deucell,

Completely understand your frustration. If you could hang in there for a few more days, your patience will be rewarded very well.

You can use this document for a refund, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-cha nge-order.html, but I again request you to hold your patience.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to Preran

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. 13.1 CCM upate is live now. This issue is fixed in this update. Please install & Let us know.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Shambu

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to Shambu Nashi

This update is a feature bearing patch for CCM users. Along with this fix, we have few cool features. You may take a look at the new feature set in 13.1 update: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new-dreamweaver-131.htm l 

Please try out these new features. Let us know your feedback & suggestions. We are eager to hear from you all!

Thanks,

Shambu

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to Shambu Nashi

The issue is resolved.

There is now a cursor blinking issue while typing that I will be posting in the forum.

I really wish you people could get it right; hopefully it doesn't take another 64 days to get the new issue fixed....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points