Skip navigation
Trevor Dennis 5,849 posts
May 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Don't Get Rid of CS6

Jun 21, 2013 4:56 PM

I have just discovered from this DVInfo thread, that Premiere Pro CC no longer comes with Encore, or any DVD/Blu-ray authoring software.  That’s a huge omission, and I have no idea what they could have been thinking in taking this step.  So if you used Premiere Pro CS6 and still need to provide clients or whoever with DVD or Blu-ray disk, hang on to your CS6 apps.

The reason I mention this here is Dynamic Link.  It is a huge (my word for today) benefit being able to right click an object and having the option to open it in Photoshop like a Smart Object.  Make your edits, Ctrl (Cmd) s and it updates in Encore.  But so long as you still have Premiere Pro and Photoshop CS6 installed, you still have that function.

I am afraid I don’t know a whole lot about Photoshop and video because I’ve always used Premiere Pro.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

They have also eliminated the Output Module in Bridge CC. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 5:22 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

I am always wary of "new and improved" products.

Features not available in Bridge CC

#

The following features are no longer available in this version of Adobe Bridge.

• Adobe Output Module
    • Export Panel
    • Compact Mode
    • 3D File format thumbnails and previews
    • Synchronized window

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:45 PM   in reply to Curt Y

What are they thinking? Why would they do that?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to Curt Y

The wreaking of Bridge CC by the destruction of AOM is a disastrous to my work-flow.

We have the really bad situation where I have to maintain two versions of Bridge with separate Caches.

I need CC to access ACR 8; and I need CS6 for its AOM and you can't have both open simultaneously.

I have seen reports that Adobe do intend to return AOM and sincerely hope that this major short-coming will be rectified within the next week or so.

People did NOT pay these very high Subscriptions to discover after they had done so, that their accustomed work-flow had been totally disrupted.

Did this happen because Adobe failed to provide the necessary resources and financing to ensure that Bridge was fully staffed and therefore able to complete the upgrade to Bridge CC  in time for the launch date?

Heads should roll!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:02 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

My guess is that Lr has a very vocal lobby within Adobe and the resources which should have been allotted to Bridge were diverted to Lightroom?

Lr is a niche product for those whose interest do not stretch beyond photography and it is totally useless to the wider Graphic Arts industry who need to control and access assets in many different formats — most of which are unsupported by Lr.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

From what I was told. The output features of bridge are now part of photoshop once again as contact sheet and pdf presentation (both can be found in the File>Automate menu. And you are correct it does have to do with lightroom as lightroom is included in the full subscription. they feel most that did use the output of bridge are now using lightroom and therefre didn't see the need of duplication.

From what I can see they are looking for ways to trim the fat. Which is probably why it appears that they are heading toward doing a way with flash builder. This is the conclusion that I came to when reading their mission statement. Before anyone panics, read it first just incase I mis-interpreted it. I think this has to do with html 5 and javascripts role.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to Silkrooster

Do you have a Link to their Mission Statement?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 11:28 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

I think this is the one.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/whitepapers/roadmap.html

It looks like for now they are supporting more of an open source and it looks like it will be falling into the hands of Apache.

Like I said, I may be reading way too much into it. but it definately says that flash catalyst is done. Version CS5.5 is the last version.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 11:31 PM   in reply to Silkrooster

BTW, what got me looking was the last version of flash builder seams to be missing the design mode. It appears to be code only.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)