Skip navigation
This discussion is locked
Currently Being Moderated

Can I rip a home made DVD movie and re-format to HD and then burn to Blu Ray?

Jun 21, 2013 8:47 PM

I have many dvd family movies, I would like to rip to premier to re-edit and re-format and then burn to blu-ray,can I do that?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 9:05 PM   in reply to Deniselinda

Deniselinda

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what operating system is it running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit.

No problems ripping the VOBs from the DVD-VIDEO on the DVD disc, but realize that you will be going from frame size 720 x 480 (NTSC) or 720 x 576 (PAL) to 1920 x 1080. Upscaling may get you into trouble, so do some mini test runs before any grand projects.

To rip the VOBs from the DVD, place the DVD disc in the DVD/CD burner tray and use Add Media/DVD Camera or computer drive/Video Importer.

Be sure that yoru project settings are correct for NTSC or PAL Standard OR NTSC or PAL Standard Widescreen before you start the import for your project. If you are using Premiere Elements 11, the program will want to take over that project setting task based on the first drag to the Timeline Expert view. Check to see if it has done is correctly (Edit Menu/Project Settings/General Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size). If not, you need to do the project preset setting yourself manually via File Menu/New/Project. If so, do not forget the check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on this project.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Also note that we answered this question last week and you never responded.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5412046#5412046

Please don't start a new thread with the same discussion rather than following up on an existing.

I'm going to lock this discussion. Please continue this conversation in your earlier thread. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points