Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Flash Builder Premium: a beta version exists on this computer

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a user of Flex since version 2 and i'm still currently using it everyday. Some days ago I uninstall Flash Builder Premium 4.7 because i did a mess installing some external packages so I dedided to uninstall it and install everything from scratch.

The problem is that installing using Creating Cloud on my iMac, I always receive the same error: "a beta version exists on this computer".

I have already used the "Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool" and I removed the "Adobe Flash Builder" having the same icon as the other applications installed by Creative Cloud and now I have another "Adobe Flash Builder" with a slightly different icon but I'm scared to use it because waiting to repair Flash Builder 4.7 I'm using Flash Builder 4.6 and I cannot think I cannot work because Flash Builder is not working (I use it every day !).

I removed Flash Builder 4.7 using the uninstaller, so the uninstalled didn't completed its job.

On the machine I have currently installed Flex Builder 3, Adobe Flash Builder 4.6, Adobe Gaming SDK 1.0 (no uninstaller for it !), Adobe Flash C++ Compiler (no uninstaller for it too!).

So, the question is, where I can find the log file containing the reason of the error message ? I have already checked the followimg folders:

\Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer: I cleaned the folder and the error happens before a file is created in this folder

\Users\<my account>\Library\Logs: it seems that the error isn't logged here

Please help me, I need to use Flash Builder 4.7 for a presentation I have to do next Wednsday (almost 2 years of working !!!)

Thank you

Diego Novati

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi novatiitm,

Please search for Flash Builder in Spotlight and if find simply uninstall it or delete the folders containing the software.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the Installing and activating Flash Builder forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines