Skip navigation
alexjwatts
Currently Being Moderated

Configuring Mackie MCU and Audition CS6

Jun 22, 2013 1:45 AM

Tags: #setup #audition_cs6 #mackie #setup_issue

Hello all,

I've just bought a MCU Pro to use with audition to mix down 8 channel sound for some musical theatre filming( piano, base, stereo pair on strings, 4 mics on actors stage). I'm having some basic set up problems and cant seem to get started. AUdition recognises the MCU pro fine and I've added it as a control surface in Preferences however the device seems not to control Audition properly. Parhaps there are some setup steps that I have missed?

The transport play, stop and jog wheel work but the lights dont come on?

The transport time doesnt run?

The faders on the MCU do effect the volume but dont hold ther position, they go pack to 0?

Does this make sence to anyone?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 8:05 PM   in reply to alexjwatts

First, I assume you're familiar with the different track automation modes (from http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/audition_reference.pdf):

Audition Help:

Track Automation Mode options

In the Editor panel or Mixer, you can choose one of the following modes for each track:

• Off Ignores track envelopes during playback and mixdown, but continues to display envelopes so you can manually add or adjust keyframes.
    • Read Applies track envelopes during playback and mixdown, but doesn’t record any changes you make to them. (You can preview such changes, but keyframes return to recorded settings.)
    • Write When playback starts, overwrites existing keyframes with current settings. Continues to record new settings until playback stops.
    • Latch Begins recording keyframes when you first adjust a setting, and continues to record new settings until playback stops.
    • Touch Similar to Latch, but gradually returns settings to previously recorded values when you stop adjusting them. Use Touch to overwrite specific sections of automation while leaving others intact.

Unfortunately, on the official help, there's not much information for troubleshooting.  I think the only thing might be is that two-way communication isn't working properly between Audition and the Mackie (i.e. it can only send data to Audition and Audition isn't sending data to it), so this may be a MIDI configuration issue.

Secondly, with the MCU Pro, I think there's different modes you can put it in (e.g. MackieControl, HUI, LogicControl).  Make sure it isn't on HUI.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to Charles VW

Like Charles said, make sure that your MCU is in the correct mode:

http://www.mackie.com/pdf/MCU_QS.pdf

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status