Skip navigation
jovitta46
Currently Being Moderated

how to make photoshop default opening images

Jun 23, 2013 4:52 AM

I have Bridge CC when I double click to open a image in photoshop it opens in windows photo viewer intsted,.and photopshop is not in the File / open with /

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to jovitta46

Click edit/preferences/file type associations.  Change to Photoshop CC for default.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to jovitta46

Make sure you have Bridge CC.  Look in About Bridge it should be labeled 14.x.

If so then at the bottom of file association page click the radio button to reset defaults.  Otherwise you have to go to each extension and set the way you want.  You have to click browse and naviate to the application you want.

Would try resetting preferences first.  Hold down Ctrl (or option in Mac) and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to jovitta46

I too have CC and am unable to set the File Type Associations for jpg images and InDesign files using Bridge. Even resetting to default associations does not work. Anyone have a solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to KrisRebillion

Hi;

Id, Ai, and Ps file types are associated correctly in Bridge CC and work fine, however, JPGs don't. When I click on the file thumbnail I get the following:

bridgeCC_err.jpg

I no longer have Ps C5; all my apps are now CC.

I'd like to associate JPGs in Bridge CC to default to Windows Photo Viewer (that seems to work just fine, otherwise), but I cannot manually re-asscociate the JPG file types in Bridge CC because when selecting to choose the program in "Browse" (to set it to Windows Photo Viewer) the WPV folder is empty—go figure!! I don't get it.

Anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points