Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

About 'Open With' on bridge CS6

Jun 23, 2013 7:27 AM

Running CS6 tools from the 'cloud' package

My goal is to have two options under Bridges' Right click/open with list.

1) photoshop CS6

2) Image Data Converter (Sony's raw converter for *.arw)

I see no way to effect this.  Using windows settings, I can make Image Data Converter the default for

*.arw files, then it appears on bridges' 'open with' list, but then there is no option for photoshop CS6.

Again using windows settings to make the default photoshop... I then have photoshop on bridges' 'open with'

list, but no 'Image Data Converter'.

But in both cases the only other thing on the list, is something called 'Com Surrogate 6.1', something I've

never heard of and have no idea what it is.   Further, nothing happens when I click that item.

So, what can I do to have "photoshop" and "Image Data Converter" on bridges' 'open with' menu?

I'm confused by Bridges' Edit/preferrences/ File assosciations, in that it appears NOT to offer any way to set

associations for Bridge... At the Sony item on the list it only offers you an opportunity to set the default for

'Windows explorer'... And the 'Com Surrgate 6.1' seems to be non-negoatiable.... Makes me wonder why the

File Associations is there on a Bridge preferences dialog if it does not offer a chance to make settings

concerning Bridge.  I already have several ways to get to the windows explorer settings.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to HarryPutnam

If you open a raw image in Bridge or Photoshop (open as) it will open in adobe camera raw.  THe file associations in Bridge can be changed to open image in another program but you have to browse to and click on the program.exe to open that program.  You can set that as the default program or just added to "open with".

Most users either use one program or another I believe.  Since ACR and the camera makers program are not the same there may be differences in how the programs write and read metadata.  If you use Sony program do some tests to see if Bridge can read it and vice versa.

Forget about com surrgate as no one knows what it is or does.  It is present in all Bridge Windows OS files but not Mac OS.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

HarryPutnam wrote:

Thanks for the heads up about meta data... as it happens I rarely am concerned with meta data and so had not noticed

any of that.

Metadata is any field in your data inclucing exposure, ISO, date, file size, color settings, sharpening, keyword, etc.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points