Skip navigation
j.rappr11
Currently Being Moderated

DVD Main menu button fail in some players

Jun 23, 2013 11:54 AM

Tags: #buttons #menu #encode #dvd #build #encore_cs4 #play_back_issue #main_menu #first_play

I created a DVD in CS4 Encore with a first play copyright menu (including a skip button) and second play is the main menu. It all works great in my newer BluRay player, a 2009 DVD player and several machines of folks I sent copies to. The 86 minute program has two sub menus with links back to each other and the main menu. I maid a continuous play from the play button for all chapters (save some extras items) and selelcted chapters and scenes from sub menus. It works perfect. Except one guy can't get it to play.

It plays through the copyright menu and opens the main menu. However the button navigation and the play don't work. He is on a Mac (unknown version) and an 6 year old DVD player.  I tested the DVD in my Windows Vista 64 bit Windows Media Player and a program called Media Player classic and encountered the exact issue he has. I was able to select navigation and make it play in the Classic player. I could select a chapter number one of which actually opened the sub menu where all the button highlights work. In WMP I was able to use list view and select chapter numbers to make it play.  But the main menu buttons are non-functional in both those programs.

Does anyone know why this is and how I can create the main menu to make this work in these programs? When I check project in Encore build it shows no issues.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2013 12:25 PM   in reply to j.rappr11

You might post a screenshot of the flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 10:25 AM   in reply to j.rappr11

A bit hard to follow with the beginning of all the menu names the same, but first play menu appears to have an overridden end action (or something) going to the main menu with various links. And the skip button also goes to the main menu.

What is the first play menu's end action? What has the override set?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to j.rappr11

Odd. The dashed line (from first play menu to the main menu) means "a link overridden by a prior object. The dashed link will not be followed in this location—the end action override of the prior object is followed." Since this is the area where the problem occurs, we have to assume something is going on. But I don't know what override could be applied to get this flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to j.rappr11

See if you have an overide set on the disk itself. I don't have any idea when you would use that, but it is an option, and that is the only way I can get a dotted line like you have.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points