Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge CC (Mac) isn't showing collections generated in Bridge CS6

Jun 23, 2013 12:52 PM

Tags: #bridge #mac #cs6 #creative_cloud #collections

Opening Adobe Bridge CC doesn't show the collections I generated in Adobe Bridge CS6. Both versions of Bridge are on the same Mac and opened within the same User account (of the operating system). In Bridge CS6 (which seems to not open while running Bridge CC) still shows the collections and smart collections.

Question:

Is there any way to import these collections or is there another way to show those collections in Bridge CC?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 23, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Malty

Is there any way to import these collections or is there another way to show those collections in Bridge CC?

Collections are version and user specific. If you want them also in CC you have to copy the collection files manually from CS6 to CC

Open two windows in your finder. Go to the user library (per OSX10.7 hidden by default, use menu Go with option to reveal) and follow this path:

user (your username)/ Library/ Application Support / Adobe/ Bridge CS6 / Collections. inhere should be some files with your saved collection names and the extension .filelist

Copy these to the same location but now instead of CS6 CC.

This should make you collections also available in Bridge CC after restarting it.

Be careful to depend on collections, they are not all that reliable for the long run. If you have put a lot of work in one collection then select all and add the name of the collection also as a keyword to the files itself, this way you have a good back up when things go wrong

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to Malty

Malty wrote:

So why not make it simple to share collections between different users and machines?

Collections are just aliases of addresses to where the pictures reside.  So unless all users have exactly the same file structure and file addresses sharing will not work.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 24, 2013 1:07 PM   in reply to Malty

Cumulus forinstance does it like this.

Cumulus is build for use over a network, Bridge is not. I don't think it is an easy task to realize this wish in current Bridge, maybe they should develop a single user version and a network version. There are plenty of wishes for Bridge, if only Adobe top management would see the need we have for such applications and point resources to its development.

The current situation is sadly enough that the only major plus event happened for Bridge since CS4 was its transition to 64 bit. At the downside is lack of development for badly needed extra options and improvement of current features since CS4 and on top of that the removal of AOM (although this is soon to be expected as a possible add on for Bridge CC), synchronized Windows and export panel in current CC edition.

Enough to get angry about...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2013 2:27 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Hello,

I did that, but it doesn't keep the the link to original files, and now, it tells me that my files are missing

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2013 2:37 AM   in reply to Shlomit Heymann

I'm sorry, but I was wrong.

The missing files are really missing.

all data was perfectly saved.

good day

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...