Skip navigation
im.thatoneguy
Currently Being Moderated

Numerous problems in Shapes in Photoshop CC

Jun 23, 2013 5:31 PM

I'm trying to use the shapes (Paths, Pen, smart shapes etc) in Photoshop and am nearing a melt down.  And by melt-down I mean re-install of CS6.

1) If I transform a path using CTRL T free transform the preview gets like 200% bigger all of a sudden even though the path outline itself remains correct.   Once I ENTER confirm it renders correctly.  Known bug?

2) If I switch from the Select Path to Select Sub-Object (white) arrow and I try to click on a sub-object like a vertex I can't select anything.  It still remains selecting the entire path.   What's the point of switching to Sub-Object direct selection mode if it's just going to select entire paths!? That's what the select select path tool is for.   If I then try to marque select say a single vertex with the direct selection arrow to go into Bezier Vertex/knot edit mode it selects every vertex in the entire comp! Now I have like 30 layers selected.   That's a horrible workflow.  Is there an intended "good" way that the developers came up with to justify this nightmare that we just need to learn?

3) If I select a layer (and am not in Path Select or direct select) or a group and hit CTRL -T in CS6 it will transform all of the paths inside the selected layers.  Now it only transforms some of the layers. So if I have a complex layer built up from 4-5 paths and I select the layer and am in Move mode (V) and hit CTRL-T and start scaling only some of the masks transform.  Surely *that* is a bug? Right?!  It means I have to go through a dozen layers and deselect whatever random path I last had selected in each layer before making a tweak to a group.

Arghhhhhhhh!  <- My summary of my CC experience so far.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to im.thatoneguy

If I switch from the Select Path to Select Sub-Object (white) arrow and I try to click on a sub-object like a vertex I can't select anything.  It still remains selecting the entire path.   What's the point of switching to Sub-Object direct selection mode if it's just going to select entire paths!?

Yes exactly Arghhhhhhhh! This bug is driving me up the wall.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points