Skip navigation
burnsranch
Currently Being Moderated

Dream weaver questions

Jun 23, 2013 6:16 PM

I have a huge web site built on xsitepro which has lots of video, it consitst of 22 sites or folders with 10 ro 15 pages mostly video,  all linked together.  For the next phase, I want to burn my web site on USB flash with better grade video. I like template format, as I am burned out on computer languages and html gives me a headache LOL

What size and quality video can dw support?
Can I export multipal sites or folders as a single linked project?

I was looking at the standalone cs6, not the creative cloud, as this is a long term project five to 10 years and I want a tool, not a service.

I will down load the demo and play around with that, but any insight you can give me would be helpful

Thanks

Russ

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 23, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to burnsranch

"I like template format, as I am burned out on computer languages and html gives me a headache LOL"

Then you should probably find a different line of work or hobby...no LOL. Even Templates are built with HTML, so good luck avoiding headaches.

"What size and quality video can dw support?"

DW doesn't necessarily limit size or quality. Server and browser capabilities have far more effect on those, as does the doctype of the pages you build.

"Can I export multipal sites or folders as a single linked project?"

As many as you like, but DW doesn't "export" the site. You do that with Windows Explorer or Mac Finder.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 12:20 AM   in reply to burnsranch

"I need to build it in linked modules and be able to publish the  linked modules to a local usb Flash drive and have it functional on the Flash drive. I hope that makes sense."

That makes PERFECT sense. I have about 1100 sites INSIDE another site that I keep on my HD to show potential clients as a "catalog" of my work. I've run it from a flash drive too.

As long as your site structure is correct, the same weay it would be on a server, then browsers (with the excetion of IE for things like AJAX content and some iframe stuff) will display it as you built it, links throughout the main site and to other sites contained within. My main site has ONE fancybox folder shared between about 550 of the "subdomains".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points