Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How Do I Make Contactsheet in Bridge CC?

Jun 23, 2013 10:58 PM

Tags: #photoshop #photos #pdf #bridge #mac #output #cs6 #cc

Hi there!

I used to use bridge CS6 to make a contactsheet. (not using photoshop)

But now, I cant find how to make a contactsheet in Bridge CC. I used to select OUT PUT in CS6, but there is no Out Put bottom in CC.

Could anyone help me please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 3:33 AM   in reply to Tsurry

Hi Tsurry,

for now I'm afraid you have to keep your Bridge CS6 on your computer and use it for generating contact sheets (on my Mac I have to close Bridge CC before I can use Bridge CS6).

bad news: The Bridge CC online help says that in the current version the Adobe Output Module isn't available anymore and so it doesn't support generating contact sheets:  "The functionality to create contact sheets, PDFs, and web galleries is available in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom, which are included in your Creative Cloud subscription." Generating contact sheets from within Photoshop is a mess. It's not as comfortable like in Bridge CS5/6, results are not predictable and the time it takes is not acceptable. Using a still fast Mac Pro with 2 x 3 GB quad cores took more than one and a half hour to create contact sheets out of o folder with 140 files – Bridge did that in minutes. Let's hope for Adobe developers working on Bridge CC to make things easy!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to Malty

You are one of many angry Bridge users that are protesting Adobe's decision to drop the Output Module. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Hi Curt Y,

I'm not angry (got to save my energy) but I'm really disappointed. I hoped for improvements like making Bridge a professional tool by support for workgroups -> forinstance the use of collections by different users or on different Macs. Instead:

Features not available in Bridge CC

Unavailable in Adobe Bridge CC

The following features are no longer available in this version of Adobe Bridge.

Adobe Output Module
    Export Panel
    Compact Mode
    3D File format thumbnails and previews Synchronized window

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 24, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to Malty

I'm not angry (got to save my energy) but I'm really disappointed.

There is nothing wrong with getting angry instead of being disappointed. Adobe needs to know they have made a very bad mistake, the more angry users the more they realize their mistake

Besides, letting of some steam every now and then keeps you healthy instead of saving up all frustration and growing to a dangerous level of a volcano just before an eruption...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to Malty

In Bridge: Choose Preview mode, mark the files you want. Go up to Tools > Photoshop > Contact Sheets. Photoshop will open and you have the possibility to make contactsheets there. Not as good as in Bridge, but it´s there ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

seriously!!!

They got rid on the output module, I don't know why they would.

I didn't use it often but when I did, it was great to have.

Is there somewhere to formally let Adobe know that this feature will be missed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 4:32 AM   in reply to Malty

Sorting images and then ouputting them for approval was my main reason for using Bridge. I certainly wont be using Photoshop to do this it is was to awkward and time consuming. Think you need to get this fixed Adobe or I will be looking for an alternative solution to Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 22, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Dazzer2473

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

Be sure to also have CS6 installed, this seems to be the solution for those who have only CC and end up with a blank AOM panle

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman schrieb:

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

Be sure to also have CS6 installed, this seems to be the solution for those who have only CC and end up with a blank AOM panle

Hi Omke Oudeman,

thx for your post. Very helpful. Seems to work even within my german version of Adobe Bridge CC (while still having my CS 6 installed).

>>>Be sure to also have CS6 installed, this seems to be the solution for those who have only CC and end up with a blank AOM panlel.

I'm not sure, if it is neccessary to keep the CS6 installed: In my first attempt I only put the AdobeOutputModule.workspace file into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Workspaces ending up with the blank AOM panel. After I additionally put the Adobe Output Module folder into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions (not into the Workspaces ƒ) everything seems to work fine.

Thanks again for your helpful contribution!

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 22, 2013 2:22 PM   in reply to Malty

I'm not sure, if it is neccessary to keep the CS6 installed: In my first attempt I only put the AdobeOutputModule.workspace file into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Workspaces ending up with the blank AOM panel. After I additionally put the Adobe Output Module folder into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions (not into the Workspaces ƒ) everything seems to work fine.

Thank you also for this contribution, there is still a strange thing happening with some users who end up with the blank AOM, maybe your solution is also key!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to Malty

Great detective work, Malty.

Looks like a deficiency introduced by the unfailingly bungling installer team, who forgot to install that component. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 5:45 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

In my first attempt I only put the AdobeOutputModule.workspace file into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Workspaces ending up with the blank AOM panel.

After I additionally put the Adobe Output Module folder into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions (not into the Workspaces ƒ) everything seems to work fine.

Emphasis mine . . . BUT that is exactly what the instructions which I read told us to do!

This is where the various components are supposed to be placed for Bridge CC:

("Roaring Lion" is simply the name of my System HD.)

Installation-Locations-for-Bridge-CC.jpg

The software in these Forums scales images to ridiculously small sizes but  this image should become legible at full-size if you click on it.

The contents of the AOM Folder are shown in the next Screen shot:

Installation-Locations-for-Bridge-CC-AOM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 6:28 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

…The software in these Forums scales images to ridiculously small sizes but  this image should become legible at full-size if you click on it…

Hi Ann! Well, that makes it a bit larger, but not 1:1.

In order to see such a large (wide) screen shot, what I do  on my Macs is Control-click on the thumbnail to open the image in a new window, then—if the image happens to be larger than my monitor—the cursor on the new window will become a magnifying glass to show the image at 100% and you can scroll vertically and/or horizontally to see ever last bit of the image.

The latter happens to be the case with your two screen shots in your last post in this thread, as the image exceeds the width of my main monitor by some 208 pixels. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 6:41 PM   in reply to station_two

On this machine, a single Click opens the images full size in a separate floating window with its own X to close that Window.

This may be because I am running on OSX 10.8.4 but it works the same way in both Safari and Firefox.

Control Click>Open in New Window (or Tab) produces an image of the same size but in a separate window (or in a Tab) as opposed to the floating window.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 8:28 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

No, that has nothing to do with the OS or the browser.

It has everything to do with the monitor resolution.  If your monitor resolution has more pixels, screen shots that fit on a single window on your monitor, won't fit on mine.  It's that simple. 

If I set my resultion to larger pixel values, then everything will fit—but I won't be able to read any text therein. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to station_two

That would explain it: this monitor is indeed a very rather large one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn schrieb:

In my first attempt I only put the AdobeOutputModule.workspace file into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions/Workspaces ending up with the blank AOM panel.

After I additionally put the Adobe Output Module folder into Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge CC Extensions (not into the Workspaces ƒ) everything seems to work fine.

Emphasis mine . . . BUT that is exactly what the instructions which I read told us to do!

You are right CameraAnn,

but nobody is perfect – even not me – and because others seem to end up with the blank AOM panel just like me in my first faulty attempt, I posted my contribution.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 10:50 PM   in reply to Malty

Has anyone details for a similar workaround to Malty for Windows machines?

Is it possible to download Bridge CS6 standalone or have I got to download Photoshop CS6 which may be an issue as I was a subscriber to CS6 rather than owned a physical version!?

Peter R Hawkes

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 25, 2013 1:21 AM   in reply to PeterRHawkes

Is it possible to download Bridge CS6 standalone or have I got to download Photoshop CS6 which may be an issue as I was a subscriber to CS6 rather than owned a physical version!?

As a CC subscriber you still have access to PS CS6. Bridge CS6 is not a stand alone downloadable option in both CS5 and CS6. If you download and install PSCS6 you also got Bridge CS6 installed automatically.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 6:24 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I have downloaded (thanks Omke Oudeman for info) & reinstalled CS6, without first unistalling CC that is suggested elsewhere in the fora, and by magic the Output Workspace is working within Bridge CC!!

This could have neen avoided if Adobe had not removed this as a default in CC; are they trying to get everyone onto Lightroom?!

Peter R Hawkes

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 9:28 AM   in reply to PeterRHawkes

>>>>>

are they trying to get everyone onto Lightroom?!

>>>>>

That is exactly what some of us both suspect and fear.

Lr is totally useless for those of us whose work extends beyond basic photography and is no substitute for the far more capable and efficient Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to CameraAnn

To add the Adobe Output Module to Bridge CC, please follow the directions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

We have repaired and updated the files to correct an issue where the panel would appear blank if you did not have Bridge CS6 installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 2:09 PM   in reply to Brett N

I followed the instructions but it's not working.
    I do have a folder under Application support/Adobe/Bridge CC. But no folder called Bridge CC EXTENSIONS.

I tried copying to the Bridge CC folder but that doesn't work. I don't get the question if I want to enable the module.

Please help me, I need a contactsheet very bad. The alternative of creating a contactsheet in Photoshop isn't working either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 1:14 AM   in reply to Brett N

Please Brett help me! I need the contactsheet, where could my Bridgce CC extensions folder be? I don't have it where you say it should be....Schermafbeelding 2014-01-17 om 01.15.29.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 8:01 AM   in reply to Sandra1970

Sandra,

Did you read post #12 by CameraAnn?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 8:32 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Yes I did, but she shows a Bridge CC extensions folder, but I don't have a folder named like that.....

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 8:36 AM   in reply to Sandra1970

Exactly, if you read the documents you have to create this folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 8:47 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Mmm then my english is not that good, can't read that anywhere, just to place the downloaded folders into the CC extensions folder.
    If you could point me out the sentence where is written to create a 'Bridge CC Extensions folder' I won't be bothering you anymore

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 20, 2014 8:51 AM   in reply to Sandra1970

Bridge CC extensions folder, but I don't have a folder named like that.....

Yes you have but you are looking in the wrong library, your screenshots shows the user library while you have to look at the system library/ App support/ Adobe/ Bridge CC Extensions

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 12:27 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

O that was it Omke!! Thank you so much, never kwew there was more than one 'ibrary' folder on my computer.
    So so glad it works, thanks Omke and Curt!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points