Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Arabic text in Flash Pro CC

Jun 24, 2013 2:12 AM

Tags: #flash #tlf #cc #arabic_fonts

Hello,

We are currently evaluating flash pro cc.

In terms of performance, it seems a huge step forward.

We have several project that use TLF Text for dynamic text embedding.

Classic Text does not support Arabic (it will show the letters disconnected if we wembed the font).

What is currently the solution to this problem with Adobe droping TLF support in CC?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 4:30 AM   in reply to Joseph_Saade

The current solution will most likely be to back up to using CS6 instead of CC if you need to use TLFTextfield objects.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to Joseph_Saade

im also working with arabic text, and yes text fields display arabic letter disconnected. Just TLS text worked.

I tried to use the html text ( i.e using .span style language ar direction rlt span....).  Actuallyi need  to display some letters in different colors in the same word but, when i use htmltext "span"  the letters are disconnected.

Using "old" tlf in mobile app is disccouraged and turning back to old version of flash prof is only a temporary solution...any suggestions?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Joseph_Saade

i have the same problem , please some body help us !

i chose english version with support to arabic but it does not solbe this issue

i chose  use device font  in aniti-aliase option , the letter now connected  but that show the text in arial (or some bad font ),
    how to solve this so the font keep with no changing

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to Adham_Dwikat

Hi everybody

after a days of thinking i used tricky way to solve this , if you have both flash CS6 and flash professionall CC installed in your system you can do what i did

1- put your TLFTextField in swf published by CS6 , write afunction to set text for it

2- load this swf in your flash proffesional CC project  and comunicate with at as you want (setText , get text or change format etc..)

important note : SWFs that have TLFTextField inside , have references issues with Loader , so dont use Loader to load it, use safeLoader instead

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Adham_Dwikat

Thanks for your trick, i still think that someone from adobe should give  at least a workaround, without the need of two of the "old" cs6.......

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to lorenzoRe

my friend , i think of adobe like one who put us in mystries and watching us in our Labyrinths
    any way.. a solution is beter than no solution  , )

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 2:22 PM   in reply to Joseph_Saade

If you are developing for desktop you can use the "textArea" component"

But for mobile development you have to use an old version of flash or the swf text trick

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2014 1:20 PM   in reply to SAMI JOS

Hi All,

This is very annoying. They sabotage their own program just at the time when more and more companies are looking to expand their markets after the Great Recession. There are so many things you can do with the TLF fonts that you can't do with the Classic font above and beyond the most basic need of RTF, LTR, and BiDi paragraph control.

Not everybody can go to HTML5. Doesn't work for backward compatibility. Doesn't work on old systems. I can't expect the user/customer to adjust to Adobe or even my needs. I have another 3-5 years to transistion. We are the leading edge #1 company in a lagging edge of tech industry. I need to make Flash video with global captions for the old tech on the web too.

TLF Fonts are smaller, a given character's position on the stage can be detected, extensive character and paragraph control with language settings, non Latin language support, etc.

It was done - in my opinion - because it reduces test time and maintenance of the code. Maybe 5% (high side) need and use this feature.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points