Skip navigation
cocoknightcom
Currently Being Moderated

How are we supposed to work with the new motion tweens if there's no motion editor anymore?

Jun 24, 2013 1:55 AM

Tags: #motion_tweens #motion_editor

How are we supposed to work with the new motion tweens if there's no motion editor anymore? Without motion editor we can't see what kind of keyframes are set and we can't set any accelerations anywhere. Does Adobe now want us to go back and use the old motion tweens?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

click on the object and check/edit using the properties panel.  or, click on the tween span and check/edit using the properties panel.

if you need advanced easing, you'll need to use actionscript.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

i mean, look at the properties panel to see what properties have change from one motion keyframe to the next.  or, change the object's property in the properties panel.

the easing works for me.  it look like a simple quadratic ease-in/ease-out so if you want something else you can't use the properties panel for that.

the biggest benefit i saw from motion tweening is when tweening an x,y translation; it's easy to manipulate the path of translation compared with classic tweens that required a guide layer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to kglad

They really need to put back the motion editor and the bones tool.

But I don't know which would be the best way to ask Adobe for them.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to Rolf Ruiz

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

look at your timeline to detect keyframes.  they all (except the first which has a black circle) have a black diamond in them.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to kglad

Request done, I hope more people request for motion editor and bones tool : )

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to Rolf Ruiz

you're both welcome.

(the best thing about this creative cloud model is there is supposed to be no need to wait for adobe to bundle a bunch of updates and make a few update releases over the next 2 years.  they can release much more frequent updates with less inconvenience to users and themselves because of the cc model.  we'll have to see how that works.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 9:15 AM   in reply to Rolf Ruiz

I just put in a request to bring Motion Editor back into CC and future versions moving forward. I also stated not all of us are actionscript pros and tools like Motion Editor are quite useful for a non-coding designer.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 2:42 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

I have the same problem.

Also with the "Streamlined" importing it makes flash CC completely usless for me and my company.

(I have made a post about this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5749621#5749621 , and I'm not the only one - see http://forums.adobe.com/message/5655217#5655217 )

I am sending the request for it frequently...

The flash is dead. I'm really desperate. It's really not good to be stuck with old version forever...

I was thinking about organising some kind of a group message / petition where would flash developers & motion designer, CTOs from companies who work with Flash note their statement about this. But I'm not sure if it would have an effect. What do you think?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to AdamSabla

It's really not good to be stuck with old version forever.

At this point with crucial functions missing from flash cc and practically no advantage in comparison wit cs6 it`s the only safe/rational way, especially when you have workflows established with customers/inside your company that rely on that functions.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

how can they remove the motion editor? yeah, sure, you can just use action script. but with that kind of reasoning you could get rid of every single tool as well.

FLASH CC 2.0 = just a plain text editor -> please use action script

Seriously, Adobe... WTF???

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to cocoknightcom

In CS 5.5 there's a right-click menu item "View Keyframes." Is that gone as well in CC?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points