Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help Adobe:  Encore CS6 using previous transcodes

Jun 24, 2013 7:07 AM

I have a situation where I need to remake DVDs that were made using Encore before I installed CC.  They were made using Dynamic Link with Premere Pro CS6.   I can't open the project using PP CC because the original content is gone.

With the installation of Premiere Pro CC, I can't open the old Encore files (as you probably know).

So, what are my options for using the transcode folders created by Encore CS6?   Can I un-install Premiere Pro CC?   Would that work, or are there other programs I would need to un-install as well? 

Please noodle . . .   I can't be the first to ask this, but I did not see where this situation was addressed.

S

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to EckleySP

Try selecting a dynamic linked "asset" (the item that says PR Sequence, not Encore timeline). Right click and select "find transcoded file." Navigate to the Encore folders, transcodes, select the m2v and a3c.

This might work.

Next alternative: use PR CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:41 AM   in reply to EckleySP

Is your PR project still there in its CS6 version? Is suspect that you need to have PR CS6 installed for it to "see" your project. Doesn't look like my idea will work.

To reinstall PR CS6 (which coexists fine with CC), go here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

It tells you how to add Encore CS6, which includes adding (and then uninstalling) Premeire CS6. Just don't uninstall Premiere CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 2:30 PM   in reply to EckleySP

I'm trying to figure out how to work around the error you are getting. Don't open PR. But it has to be able to "see" the old sequence to open or you appear to get the error. Given the error, I'm not sure you can use the old project.

The alternative is to start a new Encore project (use a new name), and use the old transcodes and menus to rebuild the project.

Just "import as menu" the menus from the old directory structure, and "import as timeline" the old m2v/a3c.

Yes, you must redo all the navigation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points