Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge scrolling not working.

Jun 24, 2013 9:17 AM

Tags: #scrolling #bridge

My mouse scroll wheel no longer works in Bridge CC  it had however worked in CS6.  So now I'm unable to scroll quickly using my mouse scroll wheel while hovered over the folder's content area.  Please help is there a fix to this or an option I need checked somewhere??

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Moving Discussion to Bridge Forum Discussion.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Check the mouse driver in the OS.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Perhaps someone with CC and a mouse can comment.  There are no mouse settings in Bridge.

What OS and what type of mouse?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 24, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

I'd rather like to think that there's a bug that needs to be worked out with Bridge than rather me having to be forced to buy a new mouse.

A new mouse would be the easiest solution for everyone, although a little bit at your own (or company) expense

The new Apple Mouse is wireless and scrolling is not a problem anymore (no physical wheel) but the older ones often had trouble scrolling. However if Bridge is the only one affected application I would start by resetting the workspace, then check if the activity bar bottom left is not showing any activity (scrolling is not that good when Bridge is still caching) and finally reset prefs (restart Bridge holding down control (Win) and choose reset prefs from the menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Try a different mouse, espeically if you can find a simple wired version.  Wireless mouses do occasionally have problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Having the same Issue... Logitech M215 Mouse... drivers updated to the latest, and there is no scrolling in Bridge.

Other CC apps it works fine.

Frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Same issue. Using a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB - wired. Windows 7.

It's not a problem with the mouse since the scroll wheel works perfectly with every other app on my computer, including the other CC apps I'm using (PS and AE). There's some kind of bug in Bridge CC that's preventing the scroll wheel from working.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:30 AM   in reply to Argh-4k

Is there anyone with Bridge CC on the Windows OS where the scroll works correctly?  If so please confirm.  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Also having this same problem. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with Logitech M510 wireless mouse. Mouse scrolling works in every other application except Bridge CC. Works fine in Bridge CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 3:05 PM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

I am also having this issue. Logitech trackball M570, latest drivers installed. Everything else works fine (other CC programs and other programs, browsers) but just not Bridge CC. CS6 worked just fine. Hoping for a bug fix, please!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 3:59 PM   in reply to rgebeshuber

Since there are several of you with the same problem I suggest you each file a bug report.  Adobe rarely visits this site.  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I am having a similar problem. As a work around, I've found that if I run bridge on my primary display the mouse scroll will work. If I drag the window to my 2nd monitor, the scroll will not work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to Patricia_Anna

I can confirm the problem occurs when Bridge is open on a secondary monitor. Move to the primary and scroll works........ Not an option for me back to CS6 until they find a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to hotcatz123

That narrows down the problem.  Probably missing some file link to OS to activate mouse settings.  Make sure you add this to link in post #15 as Adobe rarely visits here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Already done.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to Curt Y

hi there , any news on this annoying bug ? -- thanks !

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to qwe rtzuiop

If there is it would be on the Feedback site where the problem was listed.  If you see any results post back here also.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

I have this problem, not sure whether it is a Bridge or Microsoft issue - but leaning toward a Bridge issue as this is the only program I have that has this problem. But I do have a workaround, select an image in Bridge, hit the space bar to magnify, hit the space bar again to get back to normal view and viola the scroll wheel works and works until you loose focus with Bridge - lke switching to another window - when back in Bridge just repeat the hitting the space bar - works everytime for me

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 3:43 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Curt Y wrote:

Since there are several of you with the same problem I suggest you each file a bug report.  Adobe rarely visits this site.  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Or more specifically go to this article:  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/mouse_scrolling_ problem_in_bridge_cc

Be sure to click "I have this problem" too, and it'll get dealt with quicker.

NB: Their registration process is a bit tricky; if you need to register you'll have to click 'Click here if you already have a Get Satisfaction account' (Confusingly that covers both returning-sign-in and first-time-registering)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 1:50 AM   in reply to mishmedia

same thing here, works on primary monitor - on second ord third i does not.

erverything worked fine until i upgradet to bridge cc.

and the worst - i just installed the new update - and .... nothing.

same problem  -

PLEASE ADOBE FINALLY LISTEN !!!! this is a very annoying problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 5:43 AM   in reply to qwe rtzuiop

Yeah, I was really hopeful that this was going to be fixed today too. It's really disruptive to my workflow, especially since Bridge is more naturally a "second screen" type of app. My primary screen is usually InDesign or Photoshop, and I have to keep bringing Bridge back over to the primary monitor just so I can scroll through my images.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to qwe rtzuiop

This is the Community help site. I don't think Adobe pays attention to this site. Please go to this site and +1 the issue:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/mouse_scrolling_ problem_in_bridge_cc

You have to sign in with Get Satisfaction (Google, Facebook, etc.) to do this. They don't make it easy!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 10:26 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

I vaguely recall that Bridge CS6 had this exact same problem when it came out. They fixed it a few months later. So much for learning from your mistakes...

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 31, 2013 1:42 PM   in reply to superkevkt

You have to sign in with Get Satisfaction (Google, Facebook, etc.) to do this. They don't make it easy!

I agree on the part that Adobe does not make there forum pages easy but I don't understand what get satisfaction has to do with it. If you sign up with your free Adobe ID you would not need other applications or vendors!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman wrote:

I agree on the part that Adobe does not make there forum pages easy but I don't understand what get satisfaction has to do with it. If you sign up with your free Adobe ID you would not need other applications or vendors!!

I tried to log in using my Adobe ID, which is what you are prompted to do. However, you get a message saying "You can no longer create a new Photoshop.com account." Then the page just hangs waiting for you to log in. I've tried it many times. I think it's because I never created a Photoshop.com account back when that was something you could do. Now that they've removed the ability to create a Photoshop.com account, they haven't redirected it to the Adobe ID. The only way new users to the Photoshop.com feedback site can comment is to log in using Get Satisfaction.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 31, 2013 2:13 PM   in reply to superkevkt

I don't understand this, I had no problems signing in with my Adobe ID.

Did you use the correct place for this see this screenshot:

Sign-In.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman wrote:

I don't understand this, I had no problems signing in with my Adobe ID.

Of course. You probably already had a Photoshop.com account. Apparently Photoshop.com accounts were discontinued after July 15 and Adobe hasn't fixed the login procedure for this site. This is what happens if you didn't already have a Photoshop.com account and you click on the Sign In link you pointed out in your screenshot:

sign in 1.JPG

sign in 2.JPG

sign in 3.JPG

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 31, 2013 2:36 PM   in reply to superkevkt

Yes indeed,

I did sign in to Photoshop.com when it was presented (CS4?) but that was equal to my Adobe ID I have for years an this service was discontinued.

It seems an official Adobe page, yet also seems created by users. I really don't get it, the main page:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

shows new members just recently entered.

It get's weirder and weirder

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I've also had problems however, an update fro Bridge showed up and now the scrolling is snappy.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

I'm having a similar problem using Bridge CC on Windows 7. The scroll wheel works fine when Bridge is on my primary monitor, however when I move it to my second monitor, the I am no longer able to scroll. I must then manually drag the scroll bar. It's got to be a bug. No other program does this and my mouse works fine otherwise.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2013 9:54 PM   in reply to JimmyKastner

Same problem. Upgraded to Bridge CC and suddenly my mouse won't scroll content or change the zoom in the preview loupe. After spending an hour on the phone with Adobe support and trying 3 different mice with restarts in between and installing the latest drivers for each one, it still just doesn't work in the 2nd monitor. I on windows 7 x64. All other programs, including CS6 Bridge work fine on both monitors, just as it had been until upgrading to CC. Does anyone know where to actually email Adobe Technical Support to make sure this is on their list? that photoshop family site seems useless.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

Thank you for bringing this up - QE has looked at this and has determined that this is a known issue. Our apologies.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2013 12:23 AM   in reply to handpaintedstudio

I simply use Bridge CS6 till this is fixed. No problem, CS6 works also good for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to tinaTS

Soooooooo... when is this going to be fixed? This is a problem for a number of people.

Frustrated.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points