Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

hoping for a good solution for marking areas for render in cc

Jun 24, 2013 10:22 AM

Here is my story.

I have lots of timelines that are about 30 minutes and each one I will be rendering to about 10 separate wmv exports.  Because I often find problems, I'm re-rendering often and each time have to go and create in and out points by hand and then control-m for export.

Is there a way to have these in and out points remembered for a timeline so I don't have to go by hand and mark in and out points for each one?

That is, I'd like to be able to easily render all 10 clips (again) without taking 10 minutes to go and mark each one by hand again.

any new feature in CC for this? (or old one I did not understand)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to peterkellner1

The only way to have them remembered is to not change them.

(And, of course, the Undo function.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to peterkellner1

No.  That would be contrary to the entire purpose of In and Out points.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to peterkellner1

You're not doing anything wrong, per se.  The easiest solution is probably to create ten sequences, instead of just the one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Depending on the nature of subsequent edits, you might try using bookmarks to flag each pair of in/out points. I'd put one at the in point and give it duration so that its end point corresponds to the out point, then put a second marker at the out point. That way the one with duration indicates the range for each in/out pair, and you can use the Go To Previous/Next shortcuts to jump to both ends, then the shortcuts for Set In Point and Set Out Point.

But if an edit that will move content relative to the in/out range, then Jim's recommendation is definitely the way to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 11:12 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I would put black on video one and cut it into the ten lengths. It is then easy to drag the work area bar to the in and out of the black segments. The just export the WAB.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points