Skip navigation
KC5DOV@hotmail.com
Currently Being Moderated

Time and date stamp on videos

Jun 24, 2013 2:13 PM

I am using Adobe PRemiere Essentials 11 and a Canon Vixia HV40 camcorder.  when upoading teh video to teh computer teh time and date stamp are absent fromthe video preview boxes, but show onthe camcorder as it laods.  How can I get the time and date stamp on my videos as they load to the computer?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to KC5DOV@hotmail.com

KC5DOV

What is this Adobe Premiere Essentials 11 that you are running? Did you want to write Adobe Premiere Elements 11? Is so, on what computer operating system is it running, including 32 or 64 bit?

Would you be looking for a program such as DV Date

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/dvdate_en.htm#datecode

Please refer to its information on "about datecode and timecode"

Another product that you might want to check out is the DV Date plug-in for Windows (an entirely different product than the DV Date mentioned above.

http://dvdate.ru/

Please review.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 3:34 PM   in reply to KC5DOV@hotmail.com

I think you'll find that the camcorder is just displaying it during playback. It will not be encoded onto the video track itself. If that is what you want you can add the date / time details using the Titler.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 5:18 PM   in reply to nealeh

In the VHS days, most cameras would burn that info to the tape, but many users wanted to get rid of it.

With miniDV cameras, some could be set to burn in the info, or not. Often, users forgot to change the setting, and then wanted a way to delete it.

Every now and then, I see a request to ADD that info to a file, and one of the DvDate programs (same general name, but different programs) usually works for them.

Now, I add TimeCode to many intermediate videos, going out to clients, and use either PrPro, or After Effects, for that. No date, but when they need to make notes, the TimeCode is very helpful - still, something different.

Where I want a date to appear, I just do a Title, with that info, but seldom want it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points