Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Now that we have control surface support in Premiere Pro CC....

Jun 24, 2013 4:13 PM

Tags: #control_surface

Does anyone know if an older Mackie Control Universal (MCU) with just MIDI and not USB connectors would work with Premiere Pro CC? My soundcard, an Edirol / Roland UA-25EX has a MIDI in and Midi out connectors.

Thanks

Mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 8:27 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

No faders but this has been working for me as a transport controller. More ergonomic than keyboard shortcuts for certain things. Coupled with keyboard shortcuts it's pretty cool.

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/23

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 11:36 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

I know it's a workaround but can you import your audio files into your DAW and mix to picture there?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

PPro will work with the older MCU model when connected to a midi interface.  The Control Surface support will allow transport, fader and paner control, along with some predefined buttons.  This will work on both the clip and track mixer (though not at the same time).  There is also an option for user assignable function keys.  To engage Makie support, go to control support prefernces, click the add button and select Mackie in the Device Class popup menu (the button assignments are located in this window as well).  Then hit the settings button, click add and select your midi input and output devices then hit ok.  Control Surface should then be enabled for the Mackie.

Hope that helps,

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to Todd_Reeder

My Mackie control snaps the faders back to the bottom of the unit after using them. I would expect them to sync up with the position of the faders in Premiere. Is there something more to the set up I'm missing? I've tried both mackie control and logic control modes. I'm using a fastlane usb interface.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points