Skip navigation
David Hanna Eid
Currently Being Moderated

Code lost after power outage despite saving the document

Jun 24, 2013 6:46 PM

Tags: #problem #adobe #dreamweaver #cs6 #lost_code #recover_file

Hi, i've been working several hours on a php document in dreamweaver, and yeah i've been saving it after every modification. But after a power outage when i started my PC, i opened the file to see a blank page, totally blank. I've been working on other documents at the same time but they're all fine, the one that lost the data in it was the last one i was modifying. I tried alot to look in the settings for anything that could help but no results. The one thing that gives me hope is that the document size is still the same even if i don't see data inside. So please, if anyone could help me out i would really appreaciate it because i need to recover this file at any price. Thank you!

Note: I haven't coded all the document at once, i worked a few days on it and every other day i was saving it, but after the power outage i lost today's work and all the old saved code as well.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 12:29 AM   in reply to David Hanna Eid

If you open it in a plain text editor, does the code appear?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to David Hanna Eid

Good news: The code (or at least some sort of content) is still there.

Bad news: It was corrupted by the sudden shutdown. ( bad memory dump by the OS)

I don't know of any way to repair it from unicode to the original text code.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points