Skip navigation
looserlf
Currently Being Moderated

htmlloader 403 errors

Jun 25, 2013 12:56 PM

Tags: #air #as3 #cs5.5 #3.0 #action_script_3 #flash_professional #flash_cs5.5

I have an air app which displays my site through htmlloader. The app loads up the login page of my site, and allows users to login through the app. The problem is recently, every time I try to log in, it gives my a 403 error. I've completely deleted and reuploaded my site, and even made a test site, but both come up with the same issue, It doesn't even show the login page or the admin page, just a blank 403 error page. I've noticed that when I mess with the htmlloader (ie. remove the useragent and cookies) the page wont even load at all, and just shows a blank white screen inside the app. Can anyone help me, or even tell me maybe a better or more effeciant way of doing this?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 25, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to looserlf

this is a known bug in older air version, https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2945647

i'm not sure if it's been fixed in more recent versions but make sure you're using the latest air version to give yourself the best chance of avoiding the error.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 26, 2013 2:55 PM   in reply to looserlf

you could bypass your login page and have users login via your air app.  if they're successful use htmlloader to load your after-successful-login html page.

test first, to see if you can load that page without a 403 error.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 3:52 AM   in reply to looserlf

What he meant is as follows.

1. You do not authenticate user using wordpress authentication. You can authenticaticate using some mechanism which the AIR application can do.

2. Once you authenticate you can access the website using the AIR application.

Word press provides a way to external authentication. Not sure it is still supported.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/soap-authentication/

Hope this helps. I have not implemented this so I am not sure.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points