Skip navigation
Frederick 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to install Camera Raw update in PSE trial

Jun 26, 2013 3:51 PM

New Trial user and unable to import Raw file and unable to download camera raw plug-in.

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Welcome to the forum.

What happens when you attempt to update the ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) module? Any error messages?

What camera is producing those Camera RAW files?

The only update that I have seen for my version of PrE 11 WAS an updated ACR module, which installed easily. Now, mine was not the trial, so do not know if that makes any difference. Also, I do not have PsE, so that should not make a difference.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 5:28 PM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Frederick2013

I think that I can help but am definitely going to need more specific information:

1. What version of Photoshop Elements and or Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. If you go to Help Menu/Updates in either the Photoshop Elements Full Editor or Premiere Elements workspace, are there any updates waiting for you?

3. When you attempt to do the Help Menu/Updates, are you getting an error messages relating to Servers or other?

4. What do you want to do with the raw file that you intend to use with an Elements program:?

a. Edit in the Camera Raw Dialog in accessed from Photoshop Elements?

b. Import a raw or dng image into Premiere Elements for media purposes, not editing in the Camera Raw dialog?

5. From what camera are these camera raw files coming?

The answers to all of the above are expected to resolve the matter for you.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Are you having trouble posting a reply? I ask since I do not see a reply message in your post which is designed 2.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 5:33 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Regarding your last question, I think that Fredrick is using a smartphone, or similar device, rather than accessing the forum via a traditional browser. I think that, because of the quoting.

The gist of the Reply was "Thanks for your reply Bill."

I do agree that more info will be needed, but with that, a solution should be available.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Can you confirm that you're trying to open this Camera RAW photo in Premiere Elements rather than Photoshop Elements?

You don't say -- but you are posting this question on the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Frederick2013

You wrote

unable to import Raw file and unable to download camera raw plug-in

If you are in Premiere Elements 11 (no Photoshop Elements 11 downloaded/installed) you can get the latest Camera Raw plug-in for version 11 via the Premiere Elements 11 Help Menu/Updates. If you cannot update via that means then:

Go to the computer's Devise Manager/Network Adapters/and look for a Microsoft Virtual Wifi Mini port Adapter choice. If you find it, right click the entry and select disable. If you do not have that Adapter listed under Network Adapters, then we need to look for another remedy for your Camera Raw issues.

But, realize that the Camera Raw plug-in allows the Premiere Elements user the opportunity ONLY to import raw and dng images into the project. You cannot edit the raw and dng in Camera Raw dialog within Premiere Elements. For editing the raw and dng in the Camera Raw dialog you need Photoshop Elements.

Please let us know if disabling that Network Adapter resolved the update issue.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:46 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I just finished reinstalling PRE11 and can confirm that there are no problems with the Adobe updater. My Camera Raw updated itself to 7.4 and dragging a Sony RAW file to my PRE timeline worked fine.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to nealeh

Although it is possible that, since the poster is using the trial version of the software, updates (like many components) are not available.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Photoshop Elements has a separate support forum, but as far as Camera Raw is concerned it should just work out of the box. Try ATR's suggestion in Reply 8 and see if that helps.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Frederick,

I will gladly move your post to the Photoshop Elements Forum, to save you having to repost there.

Maybe someone will be able to help you.

[Moved to Photoshop Elements Forum]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Frederick

Wherever your thread ends up, please try my suggestion about disabling the Network Adapter. It worked for many besides myself for the Help Menu/Update situation.

Although you come with Photoshop Elements instead of Premiere Elements, your question is applicable to both since they are sharing the same Camera Raw plug-in file in a particular Common Folder on the hard drive when both are installed on the same computer.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 6:30 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Frederick

I am not sure of your message since there is a Camera Raw Update (7.3 and later) that supports your Nikon D600 camera according to the following

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cam eras.html

The latest version of Camera Raw for Premiere Elements 11 is version 7.4 so your camera should be covered.

So please double check to make sure that you have not overlooked anything in your search for your answer.

If I have misinterpreted any or all of your update, please let me know.

Thank you for the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 27, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Hi Frederick

The D600 is already supported in PSE11. If you can’t reach the update server, try the earlier suggestion of ATR. See this link for further help:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-update-server-repsondin g-cs4.html

Then launch the PSE Editor and go to Expert Mode and click the menu;

Help >> Updates

You should see the latest update for camera raw 7.4 (see image) and you simply choose it and then click the update button.

updater-7.4.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

Nobody seems to have mentioned that one of the very few differences about the trial is that you can't update the raw converter.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 27, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

I’m not sure this is true. Not much of a trial if you can’t evaluate it!

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 27, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to Frederick 2013

I fully agree Frederick. It’s not worth your investment, if Adobe can‘t keep up to date!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points