Skip navigation
dancingonstars5
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 - It won't stay open

Jun 25, 2013 11:08 PM

Tags: #issue #photoshop_element_11

My Adoble Photoshop Elements 11 will not stay open when I open it. A window pops up saying that Adobe Photoshop has stopped working and needs to close. I don't know why it's closing. Windows checks for  a solution, then says that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. It will close the program and notify me if they come up with a solution for the problem. I don't know why it does that or what's wrong. I don't want to have to restart my computer to open Photoshop everytime. What is wrong?

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,849 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 12:57 AM   in reply to dancingonstars5

Try making a direct shortcut for the Organizer and Editor. You can then launch the programs directly from the desktop bypassing the welcome screen. This is generally better as the welcome screen leaves background processes running.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

Then make a direct shortcut for the Editor in a similar manner.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

N.B. navigate to Program Files on 32 bit systems.

To launch, try right-clicking on the new desktop icons and choose “Run As Administrator” which often improves stability.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to dancingonstars5

Wouldn't it be great, if instead of just closing secretly hiding its error, PSE actually a) left a log of what it was doing and b) gave an error code?

It's totally frustrating to have Organizer (buggy, buggy, program) stop working. Then, like a little kid, it hides its error so nothing can be done about it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points