Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PS CC running very slowly.

Jun 25, 2013 11:09 PM

Tags: #install #download #cloud

So I signed up for Photoshop CC.  It downloaded and I have everything set up pretty much the same as my CS6 extended program.  It just runs like a turtle though.  Very slow as compared to CS6.  To the point of being non useable.  Running Intel I7 960, 24gbs RAM, Nvidia 285.  So what gives.  I've never had a problem with adobe before.  If this is a sign of the of where adobe software is going with the CC?

Not happy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 12:18 AM   in reply to jimsanderson

I have a i5, 6GB of ram and Intel HD 4000 Graphics running Windows 7

Out of curiosity I ran the Driver Heaven v3 Benchmark and compared 64 bit CS6 and CC speeds finding very little difference.

Before placing the blame at the feet of Photoshop CC, you might want to be sure some plugin or anything else on your system is not the bottleneck.

Plug-ins that have not been updated for CC can sometimes cause issues.

Anyway,just my thoughts. I think something else may be the culprit.

Gene

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,904 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 26, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to gener7

Hey, there is definitely a problem with the setup here.  Jim's spec should see Photoshop CC fly with 'very' snappy performance.  It isn't Photoshop CC as such, causing the go slow.  I am afraid I have no idea what the problem is though.

How do you have your GPU set in Preferences?  Even with them turned off, that spec should be really fast for most things.

What exactly is going slow?  Is it brush lag, or particular filters, or general performance?  Have you looked at the perfomance tab in Task manager while running Photoshop?  Any other processes going on?   My iz 3930k with 32Gb and GTX570, definitely gets a wee bit sluggish when f-Secure starts scanning, for instance.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,904 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 26, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to jimsanderson

Goodness, how did that happen?  Was this via the Application Manager.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points