Skip navigation
are U
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CC part of standalone ID, IL, PS CC?

Jun 25, 2013 11:59 PM

I’m interested if someone get access to Bridge CC if he’s a one-app-CC-customer?

Thanks

Karsten

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 1:07 AM   in reply to are U

I’m interested if someone get access to Bridge CC if he’s a one-app-CC-customer?

While having a full subscription myself it is my understanding that Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro do give you access to download Bridge also when having a single app subscription, not sure about Illustrator.

Also can't find anything relevant on this on the FAQ:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

So to be absolute sure you might have contact Adobe Customer service your self.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 1:27 AM   in reply to are U

Bridge is nothing more than Photoshop's File Browser, adapted to work with other applications in the totally fake "suite".

Photoshop for sure installs Bridge even as a single point application.  I can't vouch for any of the other point applications as stand alone.

Inconsistency between or among applications in the artificial "suites" should come as no surprise.

The "suite" concept is a fabrication of Adobe marketing and bean-counting types.  The engineering teams are totally independent of each other, they are not only in different buildings but in different cities and states of the American Union, even in different countries.

The fact that they have little if any communication among them is highlighted by requests occasionally made in these forums by top Adobe engineers to let the other teams know when there are problems in one application that impact our workflow in another one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to station_two

Bridge CC is not installed with Photoshop automatically anymore -- it is now a separate download from the Cloud -- but I understand that single-app subscribers to Photoshop CC can download Bridge CC too as part of the package.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

The Cash Cow subscription model is indeed a new world of its own.  Thanks for that info,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points