Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Adobe Reader 11.0.03

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

A little background information before I get started.

1. Downloaded Reader 11.0.03 EXE file and extracted its contents using: AdbeRdr11003_en_US.exe -nos_o"c:\temp\Adobe XI (11.0.03)" -nos_ne
  2. I ran the customization XI wizard to create an MST to be applied later on
  3. Next, I created the Adobe Installation point using: msiexec /a AcroRead.msi
    1. I created the AIP on C:\AdobeAIP and this step worked fine
  4. Next, I patched the AIP source files (version 11.0.03) using: msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p "c:\temp\Adobe XI (11.0.03)\AdbeRdrUpd11003.msp"
    1. This process completed successfully and no issues were found

My question is: how do I go about deploying the patched version of Reader 11.0.03? (FYI, I use SCCM 2012 to deploy Adobe. I do not use SCUP yet)

Do I copy the MSI file from the AIP folder to the original extraction point of the EXE file? (Step 1), or do I have to repackage the source files in AIP?

Note: My current installation command in SCCM reads: msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi"  TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /q

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having the same sort of problem.  We use SCCM with SCUP to import the updates.

I found that several of our clients won't install the 11.0.03 update on top of 11.0.02. 

It turns out that the the systems where the update fail may have a "slipstreamed" version of Adobe Reader 11.0.01 or 11.0.02 installed. 

If the system starts out with a base Reader 11.0.0 installation, all three updates seem to install without issues.

But we still have several systems where we will have to uninstall Reader just to install 11.0.03.  Why can't the updates apply to the slipstreamed versions too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines