Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore adding gaps between sequences in timeline

Jun 26, 2013 6:53 AM

I have a project with 11 dynamically linked PPro sequences in the Encore timeline. When I reopen the project, Encore has placed 3-frame gaps between some of the sequences. Here's my workflow:

1. I created an Encore project with the DL sequences, created a menu, and built a DVD image file.

2. Burned the DVD in Toast, watched it, made notes.

3. Edited audio in several reels in Audition, updated the Premiere sequences with the new audio.

4. Opened the Encore project -- it asked if I wished to re-import the DL sequences that had changed on the DL server -- Yes.

5. Now Encore seems to have trimmed the tail of the unchanged sequences by 3 frames, but only the video.

Even though Encore gives be a bi-directional trim icon at the tail, indicating that I should be able to trim it in either direction, it won't add those frames back, at least not on all the sequences -- some of the sequences do let me add the frames back.

When I do trim the previous sequence, it snaps to the nearest I-frame. Apparently, it's trimming the previous sequence to the last I-frame it transcoded instead of leaving it trimmed to the last frame in the sequence.

How can I get around this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to MannyEdwards

Don't put multiple PR sequences on one timeline. If you want one timeline, do it in PR.

If  you like the separate PR sequences as chapters, make them separate timelines in EN, then use a playlist to create the play all.

What is probably happening is that your "joints" are not on gop breaks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to MannyEdwards

Excellent. I don't understand how Encore could ask you if you wanted to reimport changed sequences if it was not reverting to original. I now assume that Encore does not address the possibility that you might have multiple sequences on one timeline when it does this process, and does not revert all (or any?) and produced the gaps.

So, in any event, your multiple DL sequences on one timeline worked, once you reverted and adjusted. The alternative to what you did would be to answer "no" to reimporting, then revert (which would pull in the newer version). If it was not actual changes that contributed to the gaps, that might avoid them. But I suspect you would still have to adjust the sequences on the original timeline.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points